Southern Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

timetoquit

Been hearing some good things about Southern Air! Can anyone post their experiences there with regards to scheduling, pay, hotels, trips, etc..

Also, are your 747s FMS/GPS equipped. I heard some of them are EFIS etc...

And lastly, are they hiring?

Been hearing some good things about Southern Air! Can anyone post their experiences there with regards to scheduling, pay, hotels, trips, etc..

Also, are your 747s FMS/GPS equipped. I heard some of them are EFIS etc...

And lastly, are they hiring?

I have a friend that just got on with them. He's starting pretty soon and he seemed pretty excited about the whole deal. I know this doesn't answer your question at all but I'm so exited for the guy. Always good to see good people find good jobs! Good luck!

I know for a fact that once my time is up I will be calling some friends!

We had a guy in my new hire class at CAL, who had just quit Southern for the job at CAL. This was back in the summer of 2005. Maybe things at Southern have improved since then, but he was fairly pissed at the company.

We had a guy in my new hire class at CAL, who had just quit Southern for the job at CAL. This was back in the summer of 2005. Maybe things at Southern have improved since then, but he was fairly pissed at the company.

There's always one, or two, or three, or four at each one.

I am in class now for Southern Air. At first glance it seems like a pretty good place to be. Some are getting typed right away. Everyone I have met has been really cool. They are experiencing growing pains right now with the aggressive growth. I believe they just added three planes to the rotation totaling eight. I am not sure if they are still hiring, but I think they are planning a class early next year. It is ACMI and it is freight. I have not been on the line yet but from what I hear it is ok. The biggest perk is being home based. The pilot group just negotiated pay increases with another one coming in 08. I think all the info is on www.airlinepilotcentral.com . I believe most if not all planes are FMS and one has partial efis. I think once they are fullly staffed it will be a good place to work.

How many days off? What are the mins and where do you send the resume? No information about pilot hiring on their web site. Thanks.

Human Resources
Southern Air, 117 Glover Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06850
Fax: 203-846-8130
E-mail: saiemployment @ southernair.com

PILOTS: Candidates requirements include: Comm., instrument, 3000 hours TT, 500 hrs in large group II transport aircraft, ATP, 1st class FAA medical, valid US passport.

They like to hire people with Boeing time. Days off? It's ACMI non-sched flying...

Latest resources

Back