• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
K4 have had a flood of resumes recently (ATA et al) and thus the mins have gone way up. I personally handed in 2 resumes, lowest time was 8,500, other was 9,000 + training CA etc. Was advised that they don't meet the mins which are now over 10,000 heavy time and oceanic experience.

Though I have fewer than 8000 hours, I am (was) a 747 Captain,flying all over the world, and I'm current PIC in the airplane. I had two friends personally take my resume in to Kalitta and I have heard exactly nothing from them. What Victor says may be true. Oh well.

Heard that there will be no more new hire class for the rest of the year at K4 due to training (IOE) backlog. And yes, the mins have gone up, buyers market.

A few years ago, we were getting guys right off B-1900 with 3000 hrs. It's all timing I suppose.

Picture

Tyrone- You need to send in your picture along with your resume.

Do you think that if I clean up a little I will stand a chance with a picture along with resume?? I was thinking of taking the beanie off and dropping some Visine in my eyes for the picture.:D

CH

Do you think that if I clean up a little I will stand a chance with a picture along with resume?? I was thinking of taking the beanie off and dropping some Visine in my eyes for the picture....

Bro, don't change a thing. Send it in, as is! Matter of fact, when you go in for your interview (and you will), you need to go in just like that. And don't forget to bring along (as a token of your appreciation) that CD player I saw you steal out of my neighbor's car.

Though I have fewer than 8000 hours, I am (was) a 747 Captain,flying all over the world, and I'm current PIC in the airplane. I had two friends personally take my resume in to Kalitta and I have heard exactly nothing from them. What Victor says may be true. Oh well.

just as you have read on here, no training for now, they were interviewing every two or three months along with classes every three months last year.
You may be close to a call, since they appear to be looking for previous CA's and 747 experience.

good luck

Here is the current pay scale for Southern Air

Captain First Officer FE
year 1 84.89 59.42 59.42
year 2 105.84 67.91 67.91
year 3 110.47 70.90 70.90
year 4 116.42 74.71 74.71
year 5 123.04 78.95 78.95

Might get a few more airplanes this fall or yearly next year. It is possible to upgrade in new hire training but I would guess most upgrades take around 2 years. Schedule is 20 days on 10 days off

Latest resources

Back