• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Air Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like she does not care much of the days away...
27 Driver, whats the average hours flown, do you get over the guarantee?

Looks like she does not care much of the days away...
27 Driver, whats the average hours flown, do you get over the guarantee?

There really is no average so to speak. There are guys that are hour ho's who get 80 or more a month, and those who do the least. Last month I got 33 hours overtime with only 23 days away from home. There really are no guarantees of overtime. If your friend does not mind being gone, there is plenty of work. If she wants to do the minimum, that is ok too. I think that she could get OT every month if she wants it. That may change when we are fully staffed. It is a crap shoot. This is ACMI after all. In my opinion, it isn't a bad place to be right now. It definitely is not FEDEX or UPS, but it is a place to build heavy time. It all depends on what your frien wants. Good luck.

I have a friend (female!) going for an interview with Southern Air the end of June, anyone with a gouge on the Interview and Sim Ride. PM me. Thanks.

Is she a hottie, or fugly? That's all the boys want to know.

re Southern Intrview

Are the same goof's running the show that were at the old Southern Air?
Well If Bill Cline is still Chief Pilot then she better be carefull!!...A Convicted Wife beater, and Real bad seed , but comes across and your best friend!,One of the few Dreggs form the CAT crew that made their way into management there.

Well If Bill Cline is still Chief Pilot then she better be carefull!!...A Convicted Wife beater, and Real bad seed , but comes across and your best friend!,One of the few Dreggs form the CAT crew that made their way into management there.

I don't know anything about his past other than he came from CAT. He does seem to be doing a good job as CP for now. Only time will tell I guess. Do you have a gripe with CAT or just Bill. Just curious.

Well I would definitely think hard about any job offers from Southern. A friend just interviewed and was told that starting with this upcoming class there is a 2 year $24,000 training bond. It is pretty sad that instead of making things better they try to lock people into the job. Things are the worst ever. The forced flying is out of control. I'll go back to working on the applications. My advice is to stay far away!!!

Well I would definitely think hard about any job offers from Southern. A friend just interviewed and was told that starting with this upcoming class there is a 2 year $24,000 training bond. It is pretty sad that instead of making things better they try to lock people into the job. Things are the worst ever. The forced flying is out of control. I'll go back to working on the applications. My advice is to stay far away!!!

I was not aware of any training bond. If that is the case I probably would be looking elseware also. Especially if you are not getting typed. I agree that retaining people should come from good pay and QOL not a forced contract. If they want to stop the attrition they will have to improve QOL. Personally, I have not had it that bad. I have always had at least 10 days a month off and more if I play the bids right. Don't get me wrong, I would much rather see a 2 week on/off schedule. I believe they could do it if they wanted, and get 60 or more hours out of the crews. Lets hope it gets better.

Lets hope it gets better.

No chance of that without a change in management (specifically, a new head of scheduling and a new director of whatever resources...).

I never thought it could get worse, but it has. So, I won't even predict that it can get worse again. Want an example? My F/O and I rode around ANC today for over an hour before getting to a hotel, being told that we didn't have rooms. Then, a miracle happened-- we got rooms. Later, when calling in, it was whispered to me that we had the rooms, but they were told not to tell me where they were (in retaliation for telling them no, I won't work on a GDO next Wednesday). And they wonder why most of us are fed up and grumpy all the time at work...

At least Bill is still sticking up for us as much as he can, and defending us. (He could have thrown me under the bus several time, but didn't). How long can he last before he gets sick of their crap and goes elsewhere, too???

No chance of that without a change in management (specifically, a new head of scheduling and a new director of whatever resources...).

I never thought it could get worse, but it has. So, I won't even predict that it can get worse again. Want an example? My F/O and I rode around ANC today for over an hour before getting to a hotel, being told that we didn't have rooms. Then, a miracle happened-- we got rooms. Later, when calling in, it was whispered to me that we had the rooms, but they were told not to tell me where they were (in retaliation for telling them no, I won't work on a GDO next Wednesday). And they wonder why most of us are fed up and grumpy all the time at work...

At least Bill is still sticking up for us as much as he can, and defending us. (He could have thrown me under the bus several time, but didn't). How long can he last before he gets sick of their crap and goes elsewhere, too???

That sucks man. I have not had that happen yet but I know it is coming. I guess all of us are only here until the next best offer. Kudos to you for standing up to them. I agree that scheduling here is pathetic. R.M. and Y.P. have to go. Maybe then we can get some QOL. Only time will tell.

Latest resources

Back