Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

C421CPT

It's a Jungle Out There
I have a friend (female!) going for an interview with Southern Air the end of June, anyone with a gouge on the Interview and Sim Ride. PM me. Thanks.

She heard (forums) something of 40 days on the road, but could not find then what! how many days off you get after that?

They work a 20 day schedule. That's 20 on 10 off (not sure how 28 or 31 day months work for them) If you get second half of one month and first half of the next month that puts you out 40 days straight. You then get the rest of the month off,10-11 days.

Last edited:
It is not as bad as everyone thinks it is. I have been here a year now and have not had to spend more then 22 days out. It all depends on how you play the bids. I am pretty junior and I usually have some decent bids to pick from. They own you for 20 days a month on 20 and 31 day months. I will only work 15 days in June. If you bid accordingly you can be home for 20 or more days in a row. Yes there is the posibility you might be stuck out for 40 days but you will recieve extended duty pay if that happens. I know it sucks but it does happen from time to time. All in all it is not a bad place to work. Obviously if you have a better offer take it. If not it is a good placed to build heavy time. If your family life does not permit 20 days away, then don't come here. Just my .02

I do believe that there are a few of the same goofs running the show. I am not real familiar with the old SAT so I can't be sure. Extended duty pay is extremely convoluted and hard to figure out but it simply raises the duty rig from 3.5 hours a day to just under 5 hours a day. If you stay out 20 days you will be paid 70 hours or more if you fly more. Don't get me wrong, it is not a dream job but isn't that bad either. You will not retire here but you will build heavy time.

Latest resources

Back