• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Air Interview Gouge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
where did they say they were "planning to go"? Who is the new DO?

just curious.

Our new D.O is one of our younger, smarter, Check airman. best thing SA has done, infact when they sh)t caned the old DO everyone was thrilled to dump that D-bag.

if ya work here and want to know who our DO is where do you go? and its not a DO position its VP of ? ops???? any initials. where do the 400 sit? when? more triples?

if ya work here and want to know who our DO is where do you go? and its not a DO position its VP of ? ops???? any initials CE has to be confirmed by the Feds. where do the 400 sit FAA hell because of BC? when? more triples, 2012 Maybe?
I hope this helps.

Which aircraft are they now hiring into? 200s, 777s or incoming 744s?

Let's say someone is hired onto the 200. Realistically, how long before he/she could bid onto the 777?

Which aircraft are they now hiring into? 200s, 777s or incoming 744s?

Let's say someone is hired onto the 200. Realistically, how long before he/she could bid onto the 777?

Really!… Let’s see. In one hand we have a company which is constantly keep hiring for its large Classics fleet and has only 2 777s so far. Great number of more senior pilots, way ahead of any future pilot. What are the chances for a new hired to get a 777s spot?
Probably immediately someone might say, just because they are THE MIGHTY NEW HIRED.
I understand the company plans to have 10 classics, 10 400s, 10 777s. Now they have a lot of classics and only 2 777s. No 400s yet and no more 777 s so far, soooooo........do the math

Really!… Let’s see. In one hand we have a company which is constantly keep hiring for its large Classics fleet and has only 2 777s so far. Great number of more senior pilots, way ahead of any future pilot. What are the chances for a new hired to get a 777s spot?
Probably immediately someone might say, just because they are THE MIGHTY NEW HIRED.
I understand the company plans to have 10 classics, 10 400s, 10 777s. Now they have a lot of classics and only 2 777s. No 400s yet and no more 777 s so far, soooooo........do the math

No need to bite my head off. Just a question - I realize you guys have a number of 777s (something like a total of 10 on order) and supposed 744s on order. At least that is what I have heard - I don't know your delivery schedule. Just trying to get an idea of what potential timing could be because, believe it or not, we don't all want to fly jurrasic jets for the rest of our careers. I happen to like newer technology/glass and although I could fly analog for a few years, I happen to prefer the newer technology. Is that ok with you?

Happy holidays

No need to bite my head off. Just a question - I realize you guys have a number of 777s (something like a total of 10 on order) and supposed 744s on order. At least that is what I have heard - I don't know your delivery schedule. Just trying to get an idea of what potential timing could be because, believe it or not, we don't all want to fly jurrasic jets for the rest of our careers. I happen to like newer technology/glass and although I could fly analog for a few years, I happen to prefer the newer technology. Is that ok with you?

Happy holidays

Don't take it personally.

Bottom line is, nobody knows the answers to your questions, least of all the line pilots. Countbat is simply venting the frustrations we all feel.

Originally we were told that ALL new hires will be going into the Classic, and ALL 744 and 777 crews would come from the 200.

As of now, that seems to have changed, where we understand that right seaters in the 400 will come off the street, whereas leftseaters will come from the Classic.

When are we getting the 400? Anybody's guess, but sooner rather than later would be a good bet. With the recent deCline in Norwalk the 400 might emerge from "FAA Hell" as someone mentioned earlier, sooner rather than later.

Bottom line is, the 400 will be on property eventually, we'll be getting more 777 soon, and with BC out the door morale has boosted about 10,000%.

If the company trains you on a aircraft you are aircraft locked for 24 months, so with this said.... my understanding is all FO's for the 744 will be hired off the street. The 777 has gone very J.R as a FO.

Latest resources

Back