Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mushroom

It's pronounced Doo-MAH
Anyone hear about a Southern plane going off the runway or cathing fire on the blocks or anything else in Cairo today? A friend of mine who works there said he heard something like that but I can't find anything on the net so far. If so, I hope everyone is ok.

From PPrunes:

A Southern Air B747-200F, on lease to Ethiopian Airlines, failed to stop when coming on stand at CAI yesterday. Damage still being investigated - no reported injuries.

Ethiopia - A palm tree at Cairo airport saved Ethiopian Cargo
"The B747 in question with the logo of Southern Air Inc is a cargo aircraft operating on behalf of Ethiopian Airlines under the wet lease agreement with Southern Air Inc. It was not a passenger aircraft.
The freighter aircraft operating on Sunday December 16, 2007 from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to Brussels with perishable cargo had a stop over in Cairo International Airport for refueling. The aircraft after landing safely slid against the terminal building office while taxiing in.
All the five crew onboard the freighter aircraft were safe.

Cause of the accident is under investigation".

Leul T.Medhin

A/Manager PR & Publications
Ethiopian Airlines Headquarters, Bole International Airport

Rompers!!!!!!!!!!.................I wonder how "Still Bill" Cline is Handling it..........Must be going "steer crazy"

Latest resources

Back