Southeast Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ride High

Anyone know of anyone hiring in the southeast. I have recently moved and trying to find a local job. Went to some airports but nobody is talking. Hope the Delta guys aren't getting them all. thanks

Ride High said:
Anyone know of anyone hiring in the southeast. I have recently moved and trying to find a local job. Went to some airports but nobody is talking. Hope the Delta guys aren't getting them all. thanks

Where are you looking in the Southeast?

BTW, if the time in your profile is accurate you are way too low to be hired by most Corporate operators out there. Might want to look into flying some night freight.

Where in the Southeast?

Quals are about a 1000tt 100pic turbine king air and 300 multi. I know its not much but trying to avoid the regionals

Ride High said:
Quals are about a 1000tt 100pic turbine king air and 300 multi. I know its not much but trying to avoid the regionals

Not to sound like an a$$ Ride High but is that 100 PIC King Air time truly PIC? Most insurance companies that I know wouldn't let you get near the left seat in a King Air with only 1000 Total. I just find it very hard to believe that you are flying King Air as PIC. If so you better have proof of some sort of training from FSI, Simuflite, or whoever that can substantiate the qualifications that you state.

I would imagine that most flight departments feel the same way that I do, and not really believe your statement of being the real PIC of a King Air. I think you are doing yourself a grave disservice and are probably screwing yourself out of some jobs up the road by making statements that many would not believe.

With only 1000 TT you might want to go do the CFI bit for awhile.

Instruct. At 1000 TT you probably don't have real Kingair PIC, and unless you've got written proof of it, then it's not gonna fly. Hell I had about 8 hours of Kingair PIC at 300 TT that was bull$hit too. The guy I flew with was an MEI and I logged it as dual recieved PIC b/c I had a multi rating. But I know and everyone else knew that the other guy was the PIC.

You need time......if you don't want the regionals, freight dog it, but you need another 200 hours for that. Chances of getting a corporate gig with 1000 TT are slim, but if you know the right people you can.

135 you might could do, but it'll be a bottom of the barrel type deal.

He is right! You better have proof of training. Its just hard to believe that you have 100 PIC with only 1K TT. And if you interview, you better know the King Air systems, and limitations like the back of you hand.

Dangerkitty said:
Not to sound like an a$$ Ride High but is that 100 PIC King Air time truly PIC? Most insurance companies that I know wouldn't let you get near the left seat in a King Air with only 1000 Total. I just find it very hard to believe that you are flying King Air as PIC. If so you better have proof of some sort of training from FSI, Simuflite, or whoever that can substantiate the qualifications that you state.

I would imagine that most flight departments feel the same way that I do, and not really believe your statement of being the real PIC of a King Air. I think you are doing yourself a grave disservice and are probably screwing yourself out of some jobs up the road by making statements that many would not believe.

With only 1000 TT you might want to go do the CFI bit for awhile.

The PIC King Air time is supervised by the chief pilot. I have been in full control of the aircraft and at times he has been in the back with passengers. When in this position I operate as "single pilot". He is an ATP with about 14000 hours. He is not an instructor and the operation is Part 91. I have not been to a school other than his checkout and training from the ATP. How should I log this time to not look out of the ordinary? I know the systems pretty well and continue to study because I know people will dig deep. This has been the greatest learning experience and I have learned more in the last 8 months then I the last two years. I do not want this to be for nothing because I have become a much better pilot with much more room to grow. thanks for any suggestions

Do a search of "King Air SIC". Unfortunately you are pretty screwed. I mean look, you have 6 posts on an anonymous Internet site and someone is already spotted some fake King Air time. It's a great learning experience, but it's simply not worth the time when you have to explain it.

Regarding your 14,000 hour King Air "guru", why in the hell is he flying a King Air?

Latest resources

Back