• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

South American Ops

ss9e

Total Time
we have daily flights going to sbkp. looking to save fuel by re-releasing/re-dispatching the flight. does anyone have suggestions other than sbeg and sbbe for re-release airports? anyone have ops into sbeg or sbbe?

dispatchguy

Dad is my favorite title
Total Time
NIL
My carrier uses B43, which saves about the same as B44, without the schedule unreliability of doing a redispatch...

abxdx

Total Time
monkey
Try SBSN and use the Manaus VOR as your reclear point. SBSN can handle a 747, used it all the time when I was at Southern Air. Way closer to Manaus than Belem...

we have daily flights going to sbkp. looking to save fuel by re-releasing/re-dispatching the flight. does anyone have suggestions other than sbeg and sbbe for re-release airports? anyone have ops into sbeg or sbbe?

b74l

Total Time
In addition to Manaus/Santarem (watch the max LGW at STM), Brasilia/Confins, as well, Caracas and Curacao worx ... remember that the redispatch is a function of time to the initial airport, and the location of the initial airport, with respect to the route of flight, is not the concern (hence the initial airports being located well behind you)

dispatchguy

Dad is my favorite title
Total Time
NIL
Didnt Boeing do a redispatch study a long time ago which said that the most optimum position of the redispatch point was at like 84% of the overall trip length?

I remember it was in Boeing Airliners Magazine. I wonder if my UA contact has that in PDF...