South American Ops

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ss9e

we have daily flights going to sbkp. looking to save fuel by re-releasing/re-dispatching the flight. does anyone have suggestions other than sbeg and sbbe for re-release airports? anyone have ops into sbeg or sbbe?

My carrier uses B43, which saves about the same as B44, without the schedule unreliability of doing a redispatch...

Try SBSN and use the Manaus VOR as your reclear point. SBSN can handle a 747, used it all the time when I was at Southern Air. Way closer to Manaus than Belem...

we have daily flights going to sbkp. looking to save fuel by re-releasing/re-dispatching the flight. does anyone have suggestions other than sbeg and sbbe for re-release airports? anyone have ops into sbeg or sbbe?

In addition to Manaus/Santarem (watch the max LGW at STM), Brasilia/Confins, as well, Caracas and Curacao worx ... remember that the redispatch is a function of time to the initial airport, and the location of the initial airport, with respect to the route of flight, is not the concern (hence the initial airports being located well behind you)

Didnt Boeing do a redispatch study a long time ago which said that the most optimum position of the redispatch point was at like 84% of the overall trip length?

I remember it was in Boeing Airliners Magazine. I wonder if my UA contact has that in PDF...

Latest resources

Back