• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Something Big at DELTA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok I had to read one and see if you were still sounding like a broken record. Suprisingly you are.

The best part of you ran down the crack of your mama ass. And I will tell you one more time, YOU paid for my type with your tax dollars.(GI Bill) So thank you.

I am sure that if you worked for DAL in 2000, as stupid as you are, you voted for the non sustainable contract, much like the one that ended Eastern. You are a pathetic poser and a loser. Back to ignore for your stupid ass.

Let's get off mom's, since I just got off on yours.....
Now about that paying for your type....
YOU STILL DIDN'T GET HIRED MORON!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Put that on your ignore list, nancy!

I agree Lear. Upgrades at the Tranzz are gonna be based now on many more factors than before. During the big rush from 04-07 the only decision was if you minded being on reserve or not. Now, with the announcement of the MCO base, pilots can decide if they want the upgrade with regards to reserve time, base, pay, etc.

With a new contract finished soon, (and FO payrates waaay up), a lot of folks will bypass for QOL and choice of base. This should unlock slots for more junior guys down the list. Of course that's as long as you don't mind being on reserve at MKE, MCO, or possibly BWI next year. I still feel ATL will become more junior over time. My $.02.

Ok Lear,

How many airframes you guessing 3? 30? 300?

I heard 50 bypass pilots took the recall. Does anyone know if all 50 of them will accomodated in the August 2nd class? Also, any guess how how big the August 16th class will be? I have heard 2 classes of 30 per momth and I have also heard 2 classes or 40-50 per month. Anyone in the know heard anything official on class size #. Thanks!!

At the base meeting a couple weeks ago I think it was 46 guys coming back, with about 140 or so off the street, and the rest will flow up. They didn't talk about the how many in each class.

Allright acl.....whats this about the board looking to approve more hiring?? What are the newbies gonna fly? We don't have that much left in the desert and were parking all the -30's and 40's in the spring. Were not getting that many md-90's quick enough. Our md-88's are so "reliable" that we have to cut flying to keep some spares around. I can't remember when I flew a full day with a working APU. The Airbii are a nightmare for the ATL mechanics.....they are not all trained on them and they don't have enough spare parts in town yet. ATL mechanics tools disappear when in DTW or MSP. Flights are cancelling due to lack of FA's....this may be fixed once the union vote is done though. I hope we hire more but we still have to figure out the flow issue. I say let all the Compass guys on. I believe the flow helped save mainline furloughs. We benefited so now we need to help out all those who were furloughed from other airlines who are now at Compass. Heck, according to the web the current hiring has been put on hold. Some poor guy checked his email and saw he had been invited to interview. Said guy calls and gets the shaft with no real explanation. I do like the $500 million best quarter ever news.....although I expect some kind of one time charge to make it into a loss!! (joke) Bring on the newbies!!!

Allright acl.....whats this about the board looking to approve more hiring?? What are the newbies gonna fly? We don't have that much left in the desert and were parking all the -30's and 40's in the spring. Were not getting that many md-90's quick enough. Our md-88's are so "reliable" that we have to cut flying to keep some spares around. I can't remember when I flew a full day with a working APU. The Airbii are a nightmare for the ATL mechanics.....they are not all trained on them and they don't have enough spare parts in town yet. ATL mechanics tools disappear when in DTW or MSP. Flights are cancelling due to lack of FA's....this may be fixed once the union vote is done though. I hope we hire more but we still have to figure out the flow issue. I say let all the Compass guys on. I believe the flow helped save mainline furloughs. We benefited so now we need to help out all those who were furloughed from other airlines who are now at Compass. Heck, according to the web the current hiring has been put on hold. Some poor guy checked his email and saw he had been invited to interview. Said guy calls and gets the shaft with no real explanation. I do like the $500 million best quarter ever news.....although I expect some kind of one time charge to make it into a loss!! (joke) Bring on the newbies!!!

Newbs going to M88,320 and small chance of DC9s, bases likely available DTW, MEM, MSP, NYC, and possibly ATL.

Hiring stopped because the first couple classes are accounted for and HR isnt sure what will happen with the flow. I have a friend that was hired recently that was told his class would be in early Sept or Oct DEPENDING on what happens with the flow. Once they get guidance on it they will restart the hiring machine. it likely wont stop for a long time because they want a large pool set up due to the large number of old guys flying past 60 leaves alot of uncertainty.

All 747's out next year, more 757/767s coming out of desert, 20 more Md-90s coming, a couple more 737s. Theres going to be a significant need for hiring going forward.

We are 2 1/2 years into the age 60 rule change. the company and the union suspect that the avg will be 62 when it comes to retirements. This means that we should continue you to see a constant rate of retirements going forward. So far the retirements are continuing even post PERPS.

I do not want to get to far ahead of ourselves, but there are things that are not known yet.

If we do not double dip, DAL will be hiring many pilots and for many years to come.

SKW, FWIW, the jets in the desert if flown to max capacity will equate to a min of 800 bodies, add the max utilization of the international fleet and you can hire a lot without one more jet.

Also for most of the Republic pilots, it makes no sense for them to fly past age 62. DAL knows this and could possibly see a lot of retirements this next year. Not having the bodies in the right places could mean canceling flights.

Is the 7ER rumor for newhires true? If so, what base is likely?

You can put the ER rumor to rest.....

It's not happening, just like some clowns on here got everybodies hopes up that newhires were going to the 777 last time we hired.

Latest resources

Back