Someone's gotta say it...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Deja Vue

Its usually the same ones' whose behavior has gotten their a** in a sling, then come on the company message board wanting the troops to rally round them cause they have been "ratted out" by someone. Its like some famous person said, "You can't hide class, people either have it or they don't."

Old *art...I'm sure you remember as well as I, when the airlines first got on-board with CRM. We all had to attend CRM training. I was a co-pillot at the time and was thoroughly amused that the pilots who needed the training the most were the ones who arrogantly announced that CRM was a stupid concept and that they didn't need to be told how to run their cockpits. The pilots with good CRM skills weren't the ones complaining, they were the ones listening and learning to refine their skills.

I suspect that this thread is pretty much the same. Those with class are reading and agreeing. Those without are those who are the reason this thread had to be started in the first place. They don't recognize themselves as offenders, or what the consequences of their conduct are upon the whole group.

Let me just assume that was aimed at me mooneymite.

My complaint here is a pilots wife trying to tell pilots what to wear and not wear.

I wear clean jeans and a plain colored shirt without logs or words. My foot attire is a newer pair of Nike sneakers.

It's a giant leap to take this thread and apply it to someones CRM skills or pilot abilities. I, for one, am 100% behind CRM and have even taught the class.

Again, my position on this thread is aimed at one person only. My main goal is to not let wife have the last word just once on this forum.

Let me just assume that was aimed at me mooneymite.

My complaint here is a pilots wife trying to tell pilots what to wear and not wear.

I wear clean jeans and a plain colored shirt without logs or words. My foot attire is a newer pair of Nike sneakers.

It's a giant leap to take this thread and apply it to someones CRM skills or pilot abilities. I, for one, am 100% behind CRM and have even taught the class.

Again, my position on this thread is aimed at one person only. My main goal is to not let wife have the last word just once on this forum.

Glad to hear that you are not part of the problem. This thread was started to make people recognize that we all suffer when one of our own drags down the standards.

The reference to CRM was just the parallel that those who most need to change their ways, usually don't recognize themselves as part of the problem. The old captains loudly proclaiming that they didn't need CRM to tell them how to run their cockpits sounded a lot like whoever made the comment about, "you're not the boss of me".

Once again. This thread is not about how any individual must pack, dress, or act. It is about how a fellow pilot who dresses or acts inappropritately in a given circumstance, can bring us all down.

If the flip-flop fits, wear it!

I'm glad to hear that's not your shoe.;)

Latest resources

Back