Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Someone at UPS has crossed the line....I'm outta here!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL said:
Did you check out the Rico Act dot com stuff I posted earlier? If organized people are using phone lines to make extortion threats, the person who has been damaged has a right to file a federal civil suit under the RICO Act if they can prove their claim.

Uh....no. Thanks for the info but this didn't happen to me. I am also not into suing people unless the doc cuts off the wrong leg or something. If this did happen to me, I'd rather have the dude not be a pus and tell me his name so I can meet him in a dark alley and kick the $hit out of him.

FN FAL said:
Did you check out the Rico Act dot com stuff I posted earlier? If organized people are using phone lines to make extortion threats, the person who has been damaged has a right to file a federal civil suit under the RICO Act if they can prove their claim.

Hear that browntail!!?? My attorney and I are coming after your 60k bonus!!

capt. megadeth said:
Uh....no. Thanks for the info but this didn't happen to me. I am also not into suing people unless the doc cuts off the wrong leg or something. If this did happen to me, I'd rather have the dude not be a pus and tell me his name so I can meet him in a dark alley and kick the $hit out of him.
Well, then he or she would have the "last word", when they sued you.

L'il J.Seinfeld said:
Mega,

Don't leave this place on my account. I do caution people to keep thier IDs private though. I posted a few bits of info and evidently Browntail has nothing better to do then search through hundreds of posts.

Flyboy/Browntail/Rhoid
Get a freakin life. The fact is more IPAers agree with my opinion than yours. You can hurl all the juvenile personal insults you want but the fact remains this TA will pass. How can you call me selfish for voting yes rather than holding out for more? Given the state of the profession I think this is a good, albeit not great, deal. Seems to me your greed has blinded you to the current state of being a professional commercial pilot. Stop the and quit bieng a dikc.

Hey Lil J. Whine whine whine.
Here is a little TA education posted on the B&G
Examples of concessionary

-Pay: A 9% pay raise at the amendable date while the Company has doubled
it's net profits over the last decade. 9% is too low!

-Signing bonus versus full retro: Signing bonus fair for some, unfair to
others, full retro fair to all.

-ANC domicile: IPA having no input and not getting nothing for it.

-X domicile RSV utilization.

-No premium percentage (125%) for bidline credit over guarantee.

-Summer Vacation allotments from 10% to 8%.

-Expanded window to restore credit lost due to conflicts.

-Ability to sit hot in more than 1 gateway.

-3 hour pay penalty for CMLing on Monday instead of Sunday.

-Allowing for withholding of flying for IOE for a new fleet type for up to 1
year instead of displacing.

-Allowing the Company to change RSV times with a 1 bid period notice.

-Excessive extended DH up to 19 hours.

-Double crewing consisting of 1 Capt and 3 FOs.

-IROs for aircraft over 300,000 lbs.

-Open time ban as a contract violation.

-FAT calls leading to disciplinary action at the Company discretion.

-New "C" RSV type that covers the entire night time sort.

-A plan still at 1%

-Scope language with little enforcement possibilities. (That is if anyone
really understands what the scope language means.)

-J/S Matrix versus expanded CML TX (internationally.)

-Not resolving the 2 hostages by
making them whole BEFORE agreeing to any T/A.

-Language that includes "at the Company discretion."

-You could drive a sleeper team truck through the holes within this T/A.

There are others items too, but now you know why I see this T/A as
"concessionary." With many of those items I listed we could of made a stand
and said "NO" we will not give on this. In fact, I can not see in any area
where we did just that. The question is, did we receive enough in gains to
allow for such give-backs. The answer from most is no, and yet some are
still going to vote YES. It is beyond me why.

Lack of Unity breeds individualism and that hampers the ability to achieve our collective goals. We need to get back to the membership making decisions that are in the best interest of the group as a whole and not for what's just good for them individually. That is what Unity is all about and that means we may need to sacrifice what's good for me. Mutual respect for each other and a team concept will bring Unity and it is all based on emotion.

You get it you selfish ! You'll soon be based in ANC anyway you shmuck!!!

Flybwoy,
You ruined what seemed like a pretty good argument with the name calling and emotion at the end. You may be entirly correct (I suspect you are), but even a new hire is entitled to his opinion. I'm sure your intent is only to educate, but if this is what the conversation has been going like on the UPS threads (and workplace) I don't blame the "youngsters" for sticking to their guns. Unity starts at the top.

I have no dog in this fight and am utterly unfamiliar with the details, I'm just here to support Capt Megadeath and her right to air her opinions without fear or intimidation.

FN FAL said:

If the person making the calls is involved in union work and the Fed's find out about it they will initiate their own investigation. The person making the calls will more then likely end up doing 5yrs in Federal prison (not club fed but the real deal).

We had a somewhat similiar instance at a place where I worked though it involved truckers and the Teamsters. Person in question wasn't really trying to threaten people and would have never carried out the actions. He lost his job (did just short of 3yrs) and is now a convicted felon.

My advice to whomever is making the calls would be to to stop because you are lining yourself up for some pretty serious repercussions.

AC560 said:
If the person making the calls is involved in union work and the Fed's find out about it they will initiate their own investigation. The person making the calls will more then likely end up doing 5yrs in Federal prison (not club fed but the real deal).

We had a somewhat similiar instance at a place where I worked though it involved truckers and the Teamsters. Person in question wasn't really trying to threaten people and would have never carried out the actions. He lost his job (did just short of 3yrs) and is now a convicted felon.

My advice to whomever is making the calls would be to to stop because you are lining yourself up for some pretty serious repercussions.
Well, there ya go...the RICO criminal conviction would make getting civil remedies as easy as cake.

FN FAL said:
Well, there ya go...the RICO criminal conviction would make getting civil remedies as easy as cake.

The handful of people (fellow Teamsters) who testified against him are viewed as worse then scabs by the people there. Getting your car keyed (or worse) everyday for 30yrs isn't something to look forward to every morning when you wake up.

I would be pretty careful as well as to what I do to my union brothers inspite of what they might do to me. Stuff like this just ruins careers because people don't play out the consequences of their actions.

AC560 said:

Good post :D So this is settled since this is flightinfo and the Feds are watching. Oh noes. I wonder how many numbnuts they've captured using Flightinfo.........

BTW, I think FN was just screwin around with the grammar, he really meant he doesn't care what the cops think, reference an actual law, not what the cops said. Not a bad rule of thumb to go by..........FN fire away if I am mistaken.

The Flightinfo grammar nazi is TonyC but I don't think he posts here much.

Last edited:
Flybwoy said:
The answer from most is no, and yet some are
still going to vote YES. It is beyond me why.

Lack of Unity breeds individualism and that hampers the ability to achieve our collective goals. We need to get back to the membership making decisions that are in the best interest of the group as a whole and not for what's just good for them individually. That is what Unity is all about and that means we may need to sacrifice what's good for me. Mutual respect for each other and a team concept will bring Unity and it is all based on emotion.

You get it you selfish ! You'll soon be based in ANC anyway you shmuck!!!

1. First off fly, you are not going to get potential YES voters to vote no by calling them names, selfish, etc.

2. You expect people to have an open mind and not think of only themselves, yet you fail to open your own mind it seems. What I wish you would try to understand is that a lot of us "new guys" have just come from places that were much worse than UPS. If you have been here a long time, you have a different perspective than someone that just started here. For example, I have worked at a few shady operators and believe me, coming from where I came from, it just AIN'T THAT BAD here. I have also worked in a different career field and when I compare the two, there really isn't any comparison. If you compare the benefits, pay, etc. there just isn't any comparison. I would shoot myself in the head if I had to go do my other job full time for the rest of my life.

3. It's very hard for me to look at the state of the industry and not compare this TA to other professions and airlines. When I do, I come to the conclusion that it just ain't that bad. Are there things in it that are not perfect? Sure.....but nothing says that if we vote it down, the things we don't like will change. Can you guarantee that?

4. I agree with what you said about unity.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back