• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some Regional Predictions from Michael Boyd and the Boyd Group

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is an anonymous board. Is your name Phil Mycrackin? I bet it is.

That would be the perfect answer if the question had been "Is this an anonymous board?". But it wasn't.

I'll ask the question again, real slowly, so that you might understand it. Feel free to read the question twice before responding.

Are you on the MEC at XJT?

eP.

The RJ's are going to get parked especially the 50's in the next 2-3 years and we are talking 100's of em. All of that flying will go back to mainline and then you guys will have to deal with finding a new job. Good thing I will be on the hiring committee to help you out. :)

Wow, 3 pages and you homos still keep posting replies to this thread!? So you idiots can't realize that General Lee posts this stuff just to get a reaction from all you nancy boys?

Seriously, at this point you braniacs must know that his post will be inflammatory so why do you even bother reading it much less replying to it? Normally I'd say get a life, but yet here I am replying to this moronic post. Christ, now I've been drawn in to this asinine thread.

I think he posts this stuff and gets on the Regional boards because it strokes his ego to be able to belittle people he feels are below his level. It has nothing to do with "aviation debate" being a hobby (as he stated in a previous post) because a good debater never makes personal attacks or gets shaken by those who personally attack him.

The RJ's are going to get parked especially the 50's in the next 2-3 years and we are talking 100's of em. All of that flying will go back to mainline and then you guys will have to deal with finding a new job. Good thing I will be on the hiring committee to help you out. :)

Yep. Can't wait.

What are you going to do though. You wont have any reason to post on FI any longer.

Sucks.

eP.

More "sources" for you eD.

Joshua Freed, AP Airlines Writer, On Thursday January 13, 2011, 7:48 pm EST

Delta Air Lines Inc. is considering an order for as many as 200 jets -- possibly with options for 200 more -- to replace the aging fleet it uses for domestic flying.

Delta said it asked "several major aircraft manufacturers" for proposals for firm orders for 100 to 200 planes, with options for 200 more, with deliveries to begin in early 2013. No decisions about an order have been made yet, said Nat Pieper, Delta's vice president for fleet strategy and transactions. The request went to manufacturers in late December.
The new planes would replace Delta workhorses such as the DC-9-50s and Airbus A320s that it got when it bought Northwest Airlines in 2008, as well as Boeing 757-200s, which both airlines have operated.

CEO Richard Anderson said in a message to employees that Delta pilots will fly the new planes, not feeder carriers. Delta has shifted flying away from feeder carriers, and has gotten rid of more than 70 of its 50-seat regional jets and 25 Saab 340 turboprops.

A jet order will give Delta the size of planes it needs "to be able to replace retiring airplanes and have modest growth when the economy and fuel prices support it," Anderson said. He said Delta is looking for small, medium, and large planes in the "narrowbody" category, meaning planes with a single aisle for passengers.

Boeing Co. and Airbus, a unit of EADS, are the main manufacturers who could meet such an order, although Chinese and Brazilian manufacturers also plan new planes of the size Delta is looking for.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think he posts this stuff and gets on the Regional boards because it strokes his ego to be able to belittle people he feels are below his level. It has nothing to do with "aviation debate" being a hobby (as he stated in a previous post) because a good debater never makes personal attacks or gets shaken by those who personally attack him.

Thanks James Carville.......a good debater.........what??? He is the best around, and slams people left and right. Did you hear how he talks about Palin? Debate that. I bet you can't.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Delta Air Lines Inc. is considering an order for as many as 200 jets -- possibly with options for 200 more -- to replace the aging fleet it uses for domestic flying.

Delta said it asked "several major aircraft manufacturers" for proposals for firm orders for 100 to 200 planes, with options for 200 more, with deliveries to begin in early 2013. No decisions about an order have been made yet, said Nat Pieper, Delta's vice president for fleet strategy and transactions. The request went to manufacturers in late December.
The new planes would replace Delta workhorses such as the DC-9-50s and Airbus A320s that it got when it bought Northwest Airlines in 2008, as well as Boeing 757-200s, which both airlines have operated.

CEO Richard Anderson said in a message to employees that Delta pilots will fly the new planes, not feeder carriers. Delta has shifted flying away from feeder carriers, and has gotten rid of more than 70 of its 50-seat regional jets and 25 Saab 340 turboprops.

A jet order will give Delta the size of planes it needs "to be able to replace retiring airplanes and have modest growth when the economy and fuel prices support it," Anderson said. He said Delta is looking for small, medium, and large planes in the "narrowbody" category, meaning planes with a single aisle for passengers.

Boeing Co. and Airbus, a unit of EADS, are the main manufacturers who could meet such an order, although Chinese and Brazilian manufacturers also plan new planes of the size Delta is looking for.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well done. One gold star for you.

eP.

I think the better question is how many potential jobs at CAL mainline were turned into lower paying regional jobs?

I will defer to johnsonsrod's expertise. He can provide you with an exact guess.

eP.

Last edited:

Bye Bye--General Lee

This doesn't really say anything.

Sounds like replacement jets for Delta and the fact they've removed some 50 seaters. Nothing about continuing to remove more aircraft.

RA might actually be stating that fact they've removed 50 seaters so you go home happy while they ADD 70 seaters.

Gullible. Haha!

eP.

Latest resources

Back