• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some of Pinnacle's "finest" [from the 9E board]

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who cares if it's illegal or not. What do we have to lose now?? NOTHING!!

Smart@ss's was better.

ALPA isn't "them".

ALPA is "you".

You want ALPA to do something, start with yourself.

Last edited:
That's the problem. ALPA is totally useless. They stand by and watch our jobs go down the toilet. ALPA needs to stand up and put up a fight. Who cares if it's illegal or not. What do we have to lose now?? NOTHING!! And don't tell me ALPA will cease to exist. The New York Transit Workers Union (TWU) stood up and told them where to shove it and looks like they are still around despite the fines and jail time. I will gladly pay a fine (assesment) to show this industry who is in charge. What good is a union if they never stand up to the pressures of management injustice. Might as well not have one.

Alpa is the pilots of Pinnacle. Yes, Alpa has some elected leaders. They make decissions based on what is best for the group within the legal confines. But something like you suggest, which I also agree, can't come from them. It has to be grass roots, peer to peer, you and I, and has to involve the real union, which is you and me. And every other pilot from pinnacle.

Use ASA as an example. They got their contract from a pilot to pilot campagn. There was no memo or directive from the union leadership. That is illegal. However, the real union of ASA pilots made it happen.

I am ready, are the rest of you?

Pinnacle CAs have always had a problem with taxiing way too fast. I had to represent one guy who slammed on his brakes and sent the FA flying 10 feet down the aisle because he was going so fast when he hit the brakes. I don't know where they get it from, but that part of the culture needs to change, contract negotiations or not.

I was on two ComAir flights today and both taxied like SouthWest pilots, so there.....and our contract is better than somebody else's,
we're keeping our Delta flying,
some of our FA's are hot,
some of our planes look better than others,
our Dir of Standards can wup your Director of Standards,
and uh, MESA still sucks,

where is the Tylenol

The CRJ taxiing on 2 engines likes to go fast. Braking too a crawl and then speeding up again gets old. Riding the brakes gets old too. Single engine, the taxiing is at a normal pace, saves gas, and saves wear on the brakes. Of course, maybe I shouldn't try to save on the brakes since I work at Pinnacle....

Twice the gas and 3x the brakes, YEAH!
PBR

My briefing to an FO is as follows: We always taxi with 2 engines unless shutting one down will help US out, we always take off flaps 20 and we always leave the APU on until 10,000 feet and start it coming thru 10,000 feet. That way we run as safe and inefficient an operation as possible. :D

Sometimes I do taxi fast. If we're running late and I gotta make up time to the outstation so I can quick turn it for the people, so be it. This job is about taking care of people who could have driven instead. I do anything I can to make sure they make their connections and not get stuck in the terminal for 5 hours.

Oh, and riding the brakes may get old but it builds up the muscles in your legs. The mechanics complained that brakes are being replaced like crazy in DTW so some of us are keeping the faith. Bravo Zulu!

Last edited:
I don't waste fuel...Northwest pays for that and in this day and age every drop of oil is precious. However, using the APU a lot does hurt Pinnacle (a little wasteful on gas, but doable). You're right, maybe I should be riding the brakes a little bit more:)

Latest resources

Back