Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HazMat

ARG/US: Bizav Flight Activity Highest Since Oct.’08
Business aircraft flight activity last month was at its highest level since last October, according to data released yesterday by aviation services company Aviation Research Group/U.S. (ARG/US). The firm’s TraqPak data–which includes serial-number-specific business aircraft arrivals and departures for all IFR flights originating and/or terminating in the U.S.–indicates that business aircraft activity last month increased 2.7 percent from August and climbed 0.4 percent year-over-year. Leading the recovery are Part 91 operators, logging a 4.9-percent increase in flight activity last month versus a year ago. Part 135 flying was down just 3.5 percent compared with the same month last year, while fractional activity fell 7.7 percent, ARG/US data shows. However, fractional turboprop flying is up 24.4 percent, thanks to fractional provider Avantair. Turboprop aircraft activity showed the strongest recovery at 11.1 percent versus the year-ago period, with large-cabin jets showing the greatest decline at -12.7 percent compared with September 2008. Light jet activity last month slipped by 5.7 percent versus last year, though midsize jet flights inched up by 0.4 percent. Still, total flight activity for the last 12 months versus the preceding 12-month period is off by 20.3 percent, ARG/US said.
up_arrow.gif

ARG/US: Bizav Flight Activity Highest Since Oct.’08

business aircraft activity last month increased 2.7 percent

Leading the recovery are Part 91 operators, logging a 4.9-percent increase in flight activity last month versus a year ago.

Part 135 flying was down just 3.5 percent compared with the same month last year, while fractional activity fell 7.7 percent, ARG/US data shows.

However, fractional turboprop flying is up 24.4 percent, thanks to fractional provider Avantair.

Turboprop aircraft activity showed the strongest recovery at 11.1 percent versus the year-ago period,

Those are some pretty interesting numbers.

It is great to see Avantair as one of the leaders in the recovery.

I hear we are taking delivery of some new Avanti II's this month. I also heard rumors about recruiting and new hire classes soon. It is all rumors, we'll see soon enough.

I hope for every ones sake that this kind of economic recovery continues.

I know our little part 91 dept has been much busier the past few weeks, and looks to be staying that way for awhile. Anxiously keeping my fingers crossed that the worst is behind!

The worst is always ahead. Remember, life is terminal.

....although, maybe flying will pick up.

;)

It's nice to see Avantair getting the recognition it deserves. I am really impressed by the growth and your financial success. You guys should be very proud of your company. Aviation is a very tough industry and few succeed. It appears you guys are on your way. I couldn't be happier with the level of service and the plane is number one in my opinion. As you can tell I am a very happy owner

It's nice to see Avantair getting the recognition it deserves. I am really impressed by the growth and your financial success. You guys should be very proud of your company. Aviation is a very tough industry and few succeed. It appears you guys are on your way. I couldn't be happier with the level of service and the plane is number one in my opinion. As you can tell I am a very happy owner

Gees, could you try and be a little more convincing and original?:rolleyes:

I know avantairowner. Alot of us here at avantair do he doesn't hide it. No need to be angry because he threw us a compliment.

Latest resources

Back