• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some fun, Tall people and the Lear.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G100, You know how assumptions are. You would be technically correct however, as I never did fly technically as a commercial pilot. That does not mean that I did not fly the equipment. While you may consider my posts anti pilot, the pilots that I work with and who have worked for and with me in the past would not character me as being that at all. A lack of agreeing should not be judged as anti. If this was a management board, many of them would be calling me anti management.

You know, I didn't see any of the actual PILOTS complaining about flying Lears on this thread, other than long trips. Hmmm...

I'm 6'4", 230, and I have to say the 35 is one of my favorite airplanes. I think if you want to complain about it, you can, but if you want to make it work, it's fine.

Publishers said:
I am 6'5" and 260..... The old lears were awful whether you were in the front or back.... My head still leans over 15 degrees. You used to be able to tell the captain from the co pilot by which way his head leans. Frankly who wants to bring their own roid pillow or have detailed instructions on how to get in the seats. My couple of hours in a 747 were more to my liking. The electric seats ought to be mandatory in all aircraft.

Gee.

Here I thought I was an actual pilot.

Seriously, Bill Lear was a clever man and a prolific inventor, but the accomodation of pilot needs was clearly his lowest priority. You only have to look at the 35 vs the 55 to see the quantum leap from the 20 and 30 series to the 55, 45, and 60 type airplanes.

Are the 35's a good value, very fast, and durable? Sure. But comfy? Not exactly...

I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the guy who said "the old lears were awful." I was pointing out that most of the pilots enjoyed flying the Lear, even if it wasn't the most comfortable airplane in the world.

Anyway, I think Bill Lear wasn't a very tall guy. Hey, he was comfortable!

Timebuilder said:
Gee.

Here I thought I was an actual pilot.

Seriously, Bill Lear was a clever man and a prolific inventor, but the accomodation of pilot needs was clearly his lowest priority. You only have to look at the 35 vs the 55 to see the quantum leap from the 20 and 30 series to the 55, 45, and 60 type airplanes.

Are the 35's a good value, very fast, and durable? Sure. But comfy? Not exactly...

I think Bill Lear was a pretty good size man....although Junior is not that big. I have a long body and shorter legs for someone 6'5". My head was in the roof but getting in their was pain. Bill's thinking was you were not going to be in them long enough for it to matter.
The Citations were much more comfortable especially if you wanted a sun tan too.

That's why I am happy to be 5'5" and with an 8 inch penis!!!!!

I wouldn't be bragging about having a penis taller than you are when you sit down. However, I would imagine that you two are very close and spend most of your time together, all alone.

Dinger said:
I wouldn't be bragging about having a penis taller than you are when you sit down. However, I would imagine that you two are very close and spend most of your time together, all alone.

HAHAHAHA! Well once the ladies go up to the cockpit they said "hey nice cockp.....oooooh my, what's wrong with your leg????!!!! oh I mean, hi my name is Gina Mctiti"

landlover said:
why arent you playing o-line in the nfl?
I did the combines, they wanted me to go to this place called Europe.

Latest resources

Back