• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some fun, Tall people and the Lear.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
just cause billy lear wasnt too big.....

i understand the price for speed is a tiny tube, but c'mon...

im wondering if the fact that someone tall is flying, a 610 craps out and your knee is in the way. an accident caused by bad ergonomics? has there been a suit over this yet?

just wonderin....

well i dont know if ill ever get to actually fly in one up front....but sounds like taking the cushion out, taking the boot cut out of your pants, wearing racing shoes is the way to go.

I had a CJ610 eat itself once on the descent. No problem. I imagine it would be a bit more work during takeoff and initial climb, but it works in the sim. I'm going to shatter bone before I lose control of the AC just because my or someone elses body parts are in the way.

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane (has it been 5 years since the Lear?).

I flew the C-21/Lear 35 with the seat full forward and full up (what, no adjustable rudder pedals?). I probably could've put it farther back and down, but it was nice knowing I would have the same seat position every time.

When I was instructing at Keesler, we even had one pilot shorter than I; I really enjoyed looking over watching those landings - JVK leaning forward and 'peeking' over the glareshield. JVK was/is an excellent pilot!

As they say "Some get height, other get looks...I got neither" (spouse added that).

I wish you success!

Yes young grasshopper you are correct, I see the Tel Aviv Torpedo has yet to take your memory from you!

That was the other aka I was looking for, I couldnt remember all of them from Flight Safety.

You thinking about quitting Chickentaco already Rob? Didn't one of the flightinfo guys just get you that job not long ago?

I used to fly a Lr24/25/31/55/60 and on the 20 series had a female pilot who was so little that she would sit indian style on the seat once in cruise flight with the seat all the way forward to the first click on the seat rails.

You could have stuck a Flight Engineer behind her seat!

Ofcourse, she thought all Lears were very roomy.

Anyone ever notice that the tallest and/or fattest pilots at the FBO are usually Lear drivers?

(Followed closely by BE20's and Citation II's);)

Rough67 said:
I'm 6'7" .. do you think ill fit in a Lear 60 .. ? (may be in my future)

I'm 6'5" and 220 and fit in the 60 just fine..wish i actually flew it. You would probably be fine. The first time i got in the 31..well it took about 5 minutes and involved many circles and bending and starting over, but now no problem..just takes a little practice. not exactly comfortable though. i think the 25 is easier to get in than the 31

Latest resources

Back