Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

enigma

good ol boy
And a solution for reducing DFW congestion and delays.

Leave the WA in place for Love................
.And then restrict DFW from any short range (the WA in reverse) service.

This genius solution came to me today as I sat in DFW trying to find an empty seat into Austin. Guess what, they were all full. If we restricted these flights, DFW congestion and delays would be forgotten in short order. And, and, the politicians can all win.

Ya'll can all thank me at once.

enigma

This is how the Gov. thought AA was doing last time LCCs tried to compete
at DFW;

http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/f2400/2438.htm

DFW needs money and SWA is the only one with cash, you should see the push at DFW for SWA to go there, they hand you a card as you pay your
toll that says "Southwest has the freedom to fly anywhere from DFW"
Similar signs throughout the airport.

i think SWA has the best poker hand with DFW and AA and if they raise the bet
the others will have to fold.

GravityHater said:
What was the outcome of this case, it doesn't say... and it is 7yrs old.

Well, Vanguard is gone, WestPac is gone, and Sun Jet is gone. I think that means American won.

Also, the court did rule in their favor.

I'm only half kiddin here people!

Why not give the short haul stuff to Love, and leave the long haul stuff for DFW? That way, AA wouldn't have to face competition from SWA at DFW, and SWA would get to reap a windfall from the increased WA restricted business.

Now, on to another related topic. Why does AA so desperately want SWA to come to DFW? Could someone please explain that to me? Don't try and tell me that AA wants the competition. History proves that to be incorrect. Seriously, why is AA taking part in the "get SWA to DFW" campaign? Why would AA want to increase DFW congestion? Why would AA want to allow the customers a chance to make a direct comparison betweem themselves and SWA?

Does AA really believe that SWA will take that many customers to Love if the WA is lifted?

Doesn't AA understand that they offer a different product than does SWA? If I were Arpey, I'd focus on improving my business instead of trying to impead my competitors business.

Come on Flopgut, somebody, let me have it.:bomb:

enigma

enigma said:
Why not give the short haul stuff to Love, and leave the long haul stuff for DFW?

Becuase the short haul stuff feeds the long haul stuff. When Ma and Pa Kettle want to go from Tulsa to Tokyo, they don't want to haul their luggage from an airport near downtown Dallas, where they just got off of a 37 seat small jet, to an airport 45 minutes away. Thats what hub and spoke is about.

erj-145mech said:
Becuase the short haul stuff feeds the long haul stuff. When Ma and Pa Kettle want to go from Tulsa to Tokyo, they don't want to haul their luggage from an airport near downtown Dallas, where they just got off of a 37 seat small jet, to an airport 45 minutes away. Thats what hub and spoke is about.
I seem to remember this discussion being about long haul, versus short haul. What's this stuff about hub and spoke? You'd better be careful, or someone might assume that you're goal is to protect a certain business rather than play fair, or do the right thing, or to protect the metroplex citizens.;)

enigma

here's a solution too. Close Love.

Enigma......you're out to lunch........and i'm only half kidding.

SWA knew the deal when they started. Wright or Wrong, it's the deal. It won't be changed.

Seefive, please get your facts straight, there was no DEAL when we started. The so called DEAL happened in 1980, after deregulation.

Whatever............the facts are that SWA knew what the situation was a long time ago. So did AA. Corporate decisions for both companies were made because of the WA. SWA wants to change the rules now that it would benefit them.

Whether or not my so called facts are correct is irrelevant. What is? The fact that this law will not be measurably changed.

Latest resources

Back