Soda

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pull & Rotate said:
I always thought it was P's for pleases and Q's for thank Q's. ;)

Then it would be "Qank you's"....that can't be right, can it ?

Comes from the early pub days when beer and ale was served in pint and quart containers. The tab was kept on a chalkboard used to count the pints and quarts consumed. To watch your Ps and Qs is to control your alcoholic intake and behavior.

Not only did pub keepers maintain the count of pints and quarts consumed, they often maintained a tab for regular customers, especially sailors. The sailors tab was sometimes paid directly out of the sailors pay by the ship's captain. This to assure the pub keeper of payment. However, this created the opportunity for the pub keeper to charge for a few extra pints and quarts. And in some cases the captain was in on this little deception, and shared in the extra payment. Hence it was to the sailors best interest to keep count of the pints and quarts. To mind his Ps and Qs.

Ailerongirl,

Sorry, I should have said that differently. Did not mean to offend any of you kind FA's. What I meant was I was reading a forum that I really know nothing about (which makes me. feel a little like a "moron"). Kind of like trying to belong to a message board discussing the 1.21 jigawatts needed to power the flux capacitor. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Now, with regards to "p's and q's", I prefer the beer story over the wigs. I relate better to beer. Good evening all.

HAZ-MAT said:
I dont understand why they dont give you the entire can of soda. Well some Flight Attendents do, but most dont. What do you do if you have half a can of Coke, pour it out? Thats more of a waste than just giving the entire can to the person.

At SWA we don't get provisioned at every stop, so there's not always enough stock in the galley to give EVERY pax a can. Plus, our manual says NOT to give the whole can unless asked for. Seems like the more cans that are in the cabin, the more spills there are, and the longer the line is for the lav. If you want the can, just ask. You want two bags of peanuts, pretzels, whatever; just ask. Whatever it takes to keep you quiet and happy in your seat and not bothering me while I'm studying for the ATP written on the aft jumpseat.

DISCLAIMER:
(Don't get pissy...that last sentence was supposed to be funny.)

They normally just give me the can and extra peanuts. I guess they figure since I'm 20 Im still in my inhale everything i see stage.

Testing 1,2,3

NATURE....GOULET!

RIP said:
Comes from the early pub days when beer and ale was served in pint and quart containers. The tab was kept on a chalkboard used to count the pints and quarts consumed. To watch your Ps and Qs is to control your alcoholic intake and behavior.

Not only did pub keepers maintain the count of pints and quarts consumed, they often maintained a tab for regular customers, especially sailors. The sailors tab was sometimes paid directly out of the sailors pay by the ship's captain. This to assure the pub keeper of payment. However, this created the opportunity for the pub keeper to charge for a few extra pints and quarts. And in some cases the captain was in on this little deception, and shared in the extra payment. Hence it was to the sailors best interest to keep count of the pints and quarts. To mind his Ps and Qs.

Nice work, I allways wondered where that came from.

lowly, are you supposed to be reading on the jump seat? hehehehehe! I went to All ATps and did mine in a week end. It was MUCH easier.

Latest resources

Back