Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SO! You want to work at Flight Options...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great question...
NJ= I have to drive to get to my base. And basicly about a 5 year upgrade..

NJA domiciles are almost dead. Give it 3-4 months. Interest Based Bargining will be done Oct. 1st with a vote soon after that. It will not be HBA for new hires but some thing far greater than the old Gateway system.

I flew with a former FO guy several months ago who spent 5 yrs as a beechjet sic and was hired as a beechjet sic here. Also met another former FO guy today who is a new hire on the Xcel.

Good Luck.

What we are currently dealing with.

Hey NJ folks, best get to home basing 1st or we will have a flood of FO for you in the future.

Weekly Announcement for July 23, 2007

Negotiating Report

Union and management representatives began July’s round of negotiations on the morning of Tuesday, June 17 with management responding to the Union’s previous proposal on Section 13 – Home Base Airports. The parties continue to discuss and are working to develop a basing system that is mutually beneficial to both sides. Currently, the Union and management are each developing data to be exchanged in advance of next month’s bargaining session. It is anticipated that Section 13 will consume most of the bargaining activity when the parties meet again in August. Additionally, on Tuesday management made its initial proposal of Section 2 – Management Rights. Your Union quickly responded with a counter proposal and, as the week progressed, agreement was reached on approximately half the sub-sections in Section 2.

On Wednesday, your Union made its initial proposal of Section 18 – Union Representation. Several counter proposals were exchanged and, by Friday morning, agreement has been reached on many of the sub-sections of Section 18. Additionally, your Union reopened negotiations on Section 5 – Seniority and has reached agreement with management on another sub-section of that very important portion of the CBA

On Thursday, multiple counter proposals on Section 2, Section 5 and Section 18 were exchanged between your Union and management and several sub-sections agreed upon.

Friday morning was spent fine tuning some of the administrative issues regarding the exchange of information that both parties will use to further develop proposals on Section 13 – Home Base Airports.

The next bargaining session is scheduled for the week of August 13.

Table Talk
(Table Talk is an informal discussion of events related to current negotiations)

Once again, July’s bargaining session was very productive. Management not only responded to some of the Union’s proposals that remain open from previous sessions, but they made a proposal of their own for Section 2 – Management Rights. Bargaining over this section was amiable and about half of the content has been agreed upon. We are hopeful that the remaining sub-sections of Section 2 will be closed out in August.

Likewise, progress was also made on Section 18 – Union Representation. However, there is considerable distance to go to close some of the sub-sections in Section 18, particularly those concerning the status of pilots who choose to go into management positions.

There were several exchanges of ideas that should lead to productive “brainstorming” between the parties in August on how to establish a Home Base Airport (HBA) and domicile system that works for both the pilots and management. Both parties have committed they will prepare their own database of possible domicile airports predicated on an identified “criteria based” system. It is anticipated that management will work hard in the next few weeks to provide the Union with the data requested prior to reconvening on August 13 so that bargaining over this important subject can proceed in earnest. Your Union looks forward to receiving that data.

OPEN SECTIONS
2 – Management Rights (v4)5 – Seniority (v7)6 – Training and Proficiency Checks (v3)13 – Home Base Airports & Domiciles (v2)14 – Special Assignments (v1)18 – Union Representation (v3)19 – Scheduling (v1)28 – Hours of Service (v8)

?? – Filling of Vacancies (v4)

SECTIONS SET ASIDE
4 – Qualifications (v7)7 – Furlough and Recall (v12)9 – Uniforms (v3)16 – Leave of Absence (v11)21 – Grievance Procedure (v10)22 – System Board of Adjustment (v8)23 – General Conditions (v5)

REMOVE FROM CBA
17 – Union & Management Cooperation (v6)TA’D SECTIONS12 – Equal Opportunity25 – Physical Examination26 – Internment/Prisoner/Missing/Hostage

(end)

Last edited:
Hey O.S., how did you get 30 days more? Not including vacation, we work 12 days more per year than NJ......

We do just over 24 cycles per year, about 195 days at work. NJ does 26 cycles, or about 183 days.

Dayjet is hiring...

For any of you FO guys who want a set schedule, sleep in your own bed every night and don't mind a pay cut for a boost in QOL, Dayjet is hiring in Florida. I can't imagine living in Boca Raton on $50K but other domiciles might be nice.

I wonder if Dayjet has a weight restriction for pilots - can't have obese pilots in that small jet...

www.dayjet.com

For any of you FO guys who want a set schedule, sleep in your own bed every night and don't mind a pay cut for a boost in QOL, Dayjet is hiring in Florida. I can't imagine living in Boca Raton on $50K but other domiciles might be nice.

I wonder if Dayjet has a weight restriction for pilots - can't have obese pilots in that small jet...

www.dayjet.com

I'm just so happy to have a job, Thank you for paying me 50000 a year............I"ll wax the plane as well

www.dayjet.com

Let me think about this, go to a start up with the potential to have all the problems that we have at Options and make 30K a year less and have to move to FL.

OR....

Stay here and fight to fix the problems we have and enter into a new CBA and its new pay scale with 9 or 10 years seniority.

Let me think about this :confused: :puke:

Let me think about this, go to a start up with the potential to have all the problems that we have at Options and make 30K a year less and have to move to FL.

OR....

Stay here and fight to fix the problems we have and enter into a new CBA and its new pay scale with 9 or 10 years seniority.

Let me think about this :confused: :puke:

oh yea your getting called into CGF 1 arrival, where is B19 he will set it up

oh yea your getting called into CGF 1 arrival, where is B19 he will set it up

Well Bob has to have a hobby, this board keeps him occupied. The CGF 1 lets his PMs screw with pilots and the end result is to mask the real problems in the company.:laugh:

Latest resources

Back