Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SO! You want to work at Flight Options...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In response to:

"That said, I need to ask this question: why would anyone stay at Flight Options?"

Can you please give me a recommendation at these majors and other good companies?

I have been at Flight Options for over 5 years, all as a SIC, meaning ZERO pic hours in the eyes of the majors (the one signing for the plane). Sure, some lie and put their time down as PIC on empty legs, but I am sure I would get caught on that only after I was in indoc at some major. So I log my time as they ask. I have interviewed at one decent place and have almost knowcked down Jetblue's door by knocking so hard. I can not get an offer. Why? I think my ZERO PIC in the last 5 years might have something to do with it. Heck, I know several Captains at regionals that had zero flight time 5 years ago.

My only choice is to go to Pinnacle or Eagle and start over again. I can not even look my wife in the eye and tell her I will be making $25,000 a year.

So what do I do? Wait for a call or get out of aviation. Flight Options will kill your career!!!!

Please help with the recommendations.

Thanks.

Spirit is hiring anyone with a pulse

"Spirit is hiring anyone with a pulse"

Just checked, my pulse is still there.

I have had Spirit targeted on my Airline Apps for over 7 years now. Have 5 former co-workers that went there, but lost touch with them over the years.

I don't live near any of there bases, but I would jump if given the chance to go there.

Who should I say referred me when I call? Will the CP know who Crobar is?

"Spirit is hiring anyone with a pulse"

Just checked, my pulse is still there.

I have had Spirit targeted on my Airline Apps for over 7 years now. Have 5 former co-workers that went there, but lost touch with them over the years.

I don't live near any of there bases, but I would jump if given the chance to go there.

Who should I say referred me when I call? Will the CP know who Crobar is?

Um dude, check your attitude when u log in.
Have you updated your app, I know a few pilots hired in the last 3 or 4 months that applied only in the last 3 or 4 months.

O.S. Thank you for that post. I would suggest that any potential new hires take that information to heart when considering going to work there.
I left Options last year for another flying job because I was starting to become seriously concerned with the effect that job was having on my mental state! I enjoyed working with my fellow Pilots, and even a couple of people in operations too, but with every rotation I could feel myself seriously considering applying for that McDonalds job people are always joking about.
I was not on the flex schedule, but I do know a couple of people who were, and as O.S. pointed out it is not a very good situation.
Think very hard about what you are applying for if you decide to give this company a try, and by that I don't mean try to justify why you could put up with it for a while, or why it would be different for you.
Seriously ask yourself if low pay, a horrible schedule, absolute lack of respect or concern for you from management is all you are worth as a Pilot and a human being.
Things haven't all gone my way since I left the company, but I do enjoy flying again, and just about everyone I know has commented at one time or another how much happier I am these days.
The Pilot group there, along with the union is fighting to make it a place where a person could truly expect to hang thier hat and WANT to stay a while, and I wish them the best and know they will succeed, I just don't think it would be a good place for a new hire to try and jump in while this is going on.

This is just my opinion, take it for what you think it's worth.

Crobar,

Instead of writing stupid sh!t like someone is hiring everyone with a pulse, why not give some useful FACTS that someone can use.

I know just by your lame crap that you must be a senior BT a$$ kissing, phone answering, ot working, productivity incentive getting FO pilot.

Crobar,

Instead of writing stupid sh!t like someone is hiring everyone with a pulse, why not give some useful FACTS that someone can use.

I did, see below
Um dude, check your attitude when u log in.
Have you updated your app, I know a few pilots hired in the last 3 or 4 months that applied only in the last 3 or 4 months.

Done trying to help you, FYSAI I'm an FO on the Falcon at NetJets and am very happy with my job, I mean career.

Last edited:
4) An incredible 67% of the 800+ pilots on the seniority list voted for the Teamsters 1108 to represent them.

Why is this number incredible? With the conditions you describe, (and I know that you are pretty accurate as seen in many pilots' lounges) its incredible that more did not vote it in.

Why is this number incredible? With the conditions you describe, (and I know that you are pretty accurate as seen in many pilots' lounges) its incredible that more did not vote it in.

Yea at the time the union was voted in the company was only playing 30% games. So 67% voted. I bet today that number would be much higher with the company playing 90% games.

Most union votes are in the 50's. A 67% win is considered a "landslide" in union votes, 7on7off.

The answer to your question I believe is a multitude. First off, you can figure that 20% don't give a rat's ass. Union, no union, they don't care, they just go to work, fly, go home. That leaves only 13% that didn't vote for it, which is embarrasingly low, and out of that 13% half of them probably would never vote for a union no matter what, they are just that anti-union.

So, as you can see, a 67% positive vote is definitely a landslide victory and definitely qualifies as "overwhelming". It is too high for the company to dispute, demand a revote and hope to sway enough to change the other way, which a lot of these votes are that close, and is exactly what the company hopes happens. Our pilots made it known without a doubt what they wanted.

Latest resources

Back