Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So where does the next generation come from???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

India is importing expat pilots, because they don't have anywhere near enough native pilots, and this is now, during this global recession. When things pick up again, they will be importing many, many more pilots. Same goes for China, Vietnam, Middle East, Japan, etc., etc.

The House wants an ATP, NOT 1500 hours.

The female FO at Colgan had over 1500 hours, but that was at the time of the accident. She did NOT have an ATP/1500 hours when hired, and if she did, she would have had about 3000 at the time of the accident, and probably would have prevented it (or she would not have gotten the ATP and been hired in the first place). She was inexperienced...said her 1st flight ever in icing.

cliff
NBO

Why not require check airmen (with stringent minimum requirements) to occupy the jumpseat for all crews with any pilot under 1500 hours? At least somebody would be up there to say, "What the heck are you doing?"

Why not require check airmen (with stringent minimum requirements) to occupy the jumpseat for all crews with any pilot under 1500 hours? At least somebody would be up there to say, "What the heck are you doing?"

Experience and Date of Hire are directly related. No rookies here at USAir (the real one, before we merged with the Mesa of the majors.

So far, John has ducked this critique but I think we´ll bring him around. Or he won´t be running ALPA much longer.
Prater handed the USAirways pilot group to USAPA on a golden platter. If he stayed on as Pres after that, there's not much that can get him dismissed.

I have always supported repealing Age 60 on principal, but only for folks who are still capable of doing the job. If you can't fly at 61, or 51 or 41, you should be given a chance to make up for that one bad day, but you shouldn't be allowed to coast along, enabled by programs like AQP.

The standards are tough enough, but the laxity to which some of the subjective standards are enforced is the issue.

In summary, no pilot should be forced to retire because he has turned a particular age, but no pilot should be allowed to continue flying past their ability to do so safely.

Experience and Date of Hire are directly related. No rookies here at USAir (the real one, before we merged with the Mesa of the majors.

You take the Joe Patroni character in Airport WAAAYYY to seriously.

And if you really worked at ANY airline you would know how ridiculous your statement is. Thanks for the humor, we need more of it!

Not any disrespect intended, but I have worked for over20 years at a real legacy. Care to share with us where you work? (you brought it up)

Are you guys Kidding Me?? Haven't you all noticed that Instructordude hasn't been around for awhile. Rumor has it on one of those Above top secret blogs that the government has taken him to a secret location deep inside Area 51 where they are cloning him not only to be the answers to all our prayers as commercial pilots but also to save & defend our country by being the only one allowed to fly for our military. All of us can sleep better now knowing nothing is gonna happen on Instructordude's watch. Also I can't confirm it but apparently Instructordude's only form of compensation was that he be anal probed by every alien race that is living at area 51 as apparently the cloning process is a In & Out same day procedure and its been awhile since we last heard from him.

India does not have an excess of pilots, that are looking to take jobs all around the world. Actually its American pilots who have been going to India for jobs.

I think this fear of foreign pilots filling jobs here is misplaced. The biggest threat to pay and lifestyle here is not pilots from other countries, its pilots in our own country who do quite enough on their own. From pilots here thinking they should PFT or work for dirtbag companies and wages, to pilots accepting airline pay that is probably less than a McDonalds shift manager, to Major airline pilots who had too much pride to fly jets deemed too small, pilots here have done quite enough to damage the profession here. much more so than some mythical problem of foreign pilots coming here to take jobs, which is a convienient, but non-existent, scapegoat.

Indians would have much more of a realistic fear of American pilots going over there and taking jobs from them.

Not any disrespect intended, but I have worked for over20 years at a real legacy. Care to share with us where you work? (you brought it up)
If it's the legacy I'm thinking of, you need worry less about disrespect and more about self-respect. :)

Take the night off and eat a good union turkey.

Latest resources

Back