Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So where does the next generation come from???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True, I had forgotten about that, but there are still other jobs out there to build experience, hours, judgment and airmanship. I would just rather an airline pilot not be an entry level job.

Gust,

What a great character...

"He's a cake-eater, he's a clown, he's a bad station chief, and I don't like to cast aspersions on a guy, but he's going to get us all killed." GA

1. And exactly how much input did they provide?? Only the kind that helped the old farts...i.e. no tougher medicals etc.

2. Us younger guys were doing this, throwing rocks.

The tougher medicals work both ways. If it was up to me, there'd be no age limit. It'd be based on strict medical and physical fitness tests along with a cog test. This would take out many senior pilots but also many younger guys such as those who didn't qualify for the military or eat too much airport food with too little exercise.

If you want to complain about Prater, I'm sure you don't need an excuse, so just do it. If you want to complain about the Age 65 issue and the FAA, then I respectfully suggest you look at the facts.

Stricter medicals would be great in a perfect world. But when the FAA administers that- I want no part of it- and I run triathalons.

Stricter medicals would be great in a perfect world. But when the FAA administers that- I want no part of it- and I run triathalons.

So you don't trust the Federal Govt? Interesting coming from a liberal.....

If you want to complain about Prater, I'm sure you don't need an excuse, so just do it. If you want to complain about the Age 65 issue and the FAA, then I respectfully suggest you look at the facts.

I will agree with you on this, at least in part. Prater made it happen when and how it did. Perhaps the FAA would have eventually changed it. But it would not have been at this time and I don´t believe it would have been written to be a windfall. Look at how the FAA is working out the duty and rest rule changes. If Congress doesn´t step in it will still take years and they are further along with that than they were age 65.

FWIW, I support no age limit as well. But if we are to do that I believe we should abandon the seniority principle as well. Start command evaluation at 5 to 10 years and go with rostering and assignments.

You spoke of the lesser of two evils. Let me point out that when faced with going on strike to fight Lorenzo early in Prater´s career, strikers like John only agreed to do so if ALPA paid strike pay. What I´m saying is: John does not display the same regard for junior pilots now that he insisted on for himself as a junior pilot. Slanting the lesser of two evils in his own favor is very much a pattern of behavior with him. Example: He wanted ALL of ALPA assessed so he could be taken care of early in his career. He´s put an embargo on advancement for todays junior ALPA member. So far, John has ducked this critique but I think we´ll bring him around. Or he won´t be running ALPA much longer.

Latest resources

Back