Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So, Where did everybody fly to today & how was your landing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wang Chung said:
Bored, indeed! You're no Ernest Gann, my friend. :)
I take that as a compliment, so thanks. By the way, Who is this Earnest Gann you speak of? Was he 1 of the Little Rock 9? Now, where did I put that Urban Sombrero?

Last edited:
I landed so smoothly last (on an EMPTY REPO no less--which makes this even more amazing) night that I actually got an "Air/Ground Fail" message for about six seconds. I had wheelspeed but no weight on the mains... It was great. Like butter.

The downside is that the controller here in KPBI chewed my arse out for rolling out past "K" taxiway. I planned to exit at the taxiway adjacent to my FBO so no big deal....or so I thought.

"I need you guys to exit at Kilo," he said as Kilo whizzed past the right window. "You guys pull that stuff again and we'll leave you out there until things slow down next time."

??????

What *IS* it with controllers chewing me out so much lately any way? I need to start reading my horoscope I guess.

So I slept in until 2 PM today. :)

I flew to one of those airports we've all been to that is "noise sensitive", and layed on the TR's as long as I could during rollout. No brakes until 40 knots! Don't want the noise, don't move next to an airport! :D

No landings for me, but the weather was nice, so I snuck the Springer out of the garage for a nice long ride. Really enjoyed bringing the hate and discontent to the hearts of those fine folks of Louisville as I set off every car alarm on the block. SWEET!

Punch the Clown?

HawkerF/O said:
Maybe it's my sheltered upbringing, but I have never hear that. What does "Punch the Clown" mean. I mean, I always kick the dog across the room when I get home to let him know I care about him, but I have never heard of "Punch the clown". I might "punch the Clown" too, but just don't know I am doing it, but I'm always on the look out for cool new slang, so please reply with due speed.

I'm with Hawker on this. Just precisely what is "Punch the Clown"? Is it synonomous with "Choke the Chicken" or "Spanking your Monkey"? I did learn what "Punch a Grumpy" meant courtesy of that other thread, but this is really new slang to this old truck driver.

As a matter of fact, if I "Punch the Clown" would that make me a "Wanker" to use British parlance?

HawkerF/O said:
By the way, Who is this Earnest Gann you speak of?

I am not sure if you are kidding but just in case, Earnest Gann wrote "Fate is the Hunter," a must read for any professional pilot. It cronicals Gann's career during the infancy of commercial aviation through the early 1950's. It is a must read as it reminds how many have come before us and are not here today, or at press time for that matter. (1953?)

He also wrote the "High and the Mighty." Good ficton read. If you cannot read ;) you can rent the movie with Jonn Wayne as the crusty old "co-pilot."

If you were joking in your post, my applogies :)

"Island in the Sky" is also a great Gann book turned movie. I actually think it is much better than "THatM" FWIW. :)

"Fate" is the greatest book ever. I think it actually starts in the 30s and ends in the 50s but the characters, stories, and experiences ring strangely familiar even today.

:)

HawkerF/O said:
I take that as a compliment, so thanks. By the way, Who is this Earnest Gann you speak of? Was he 1 of the Little Rock 9? Now, where did I put that Urban Sombrero?

sorry, I just put on my best Peterman voice .... I got it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back