Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So, Where did everybody fly to today & how was your landing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gulfstream 200 said:
I slept until 0730, made coffee, went and got service done on the wifeys car, went to the mall..then came home and punched the clown.

(in honor of Rice)

:D

I think Ricey brought some Hawaiian Tropic with him this weekend, so he'll actually have a "slippery" clown to punch!!:smash: No friction there!

Every where I went this week the winds SUCKED! Thankfully my landings actually added rubber to the tires! I figure I'm screwed the next landing on a calm day!

Flew RDD to CIC to p/u a pax. Landing pretty good. Damn stall horn on the 340 goes off waaay to early...like 15 knots above stall speed so it always sounds like yer dropping it out of the sky!

CIC to OAK...again...not bad 'cept the damn stall horn. Tried just flying the damn thing onto the runway but you wind up going too fast. Oh well.

Now the 404, 421 or Shorts all have high float gear. Hard to make a bad landing in one of those!

Eric

Lostdog65 said:
Now the 404, 421 or Shorts all have high float gear. Hard to make a bad landing in one of those!

Eric

Wanna bet on the 404, Eric? I once was with a REAL old timer (Jerry H, god rest his soul), when he went to land a C404 at KGWR with a full load of passengers. The guy literally had 40K hours, but at age 70 he was losing his strength, and this one day he couldn't help bouncing it down the runway. After the 4th or 5th bounce, one guy asked, "Hey Jerry? How many times are you gonna land this thing?" To which Jerry answered, "The F**k if I know!" The bird finally stopped doing its kangaroo impression, but I never forgot that landing!

Spent all night last night and this morning in the Beech 18. Left DVT last night bound for LGB to pick up 2200 lbs. of the New York Times. I left LGB for North Las Vegas (nice landing there) but got thrown out of the terminal by the grumpy old security guard before I could snag a cup of coffee. Apparently freight dawgs are good enough to buy $350 bucks worth of fuel but are in fact NOT worthy of a cup of coffee. Put in a large pinch of Skoal in place of the absent cup of coffee (it's probably better for me anyway). Fired up the 9 cylinder oil burners and headed for Salt Lake City. Got into SLC at 3:30 in the AM and dumped the load at Millionair then proceeded in inhabit their pilot lounge. I awoke a few hours later surprised to find that Millionair had not towed my plane 7 miles away from their ramp as is the usual practice for aircraft that cost less than 7 million dollars. The skoal I had for dinner was so good I threw in another for breakfast and went outside to sweep the snow off my plane. The two Pratts were a little reluctant to awake for their cold slumber so I delighted the folks on the ramp to a little smoke and a few good backfires. I would be hesitant to say they were impressed but I am sure they were pleased to see me on my way. Flight back to DVT was beautiful with a scenic run over the Grand Canyon and Sedona followed by a decent landing back at home. Total time for the night = 8 hours. Another day another dollar.

SCT said:
Sure, rub it in 501261......
mercury said:
Lucky ba$tard!!!!!:beer:
Hey man it's rough. I mean today I'm trying to decide if I want to drink Pacificos by the beach or go to Margaritaville and watch the playoffs (while drinking Pacificos).:beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back