Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So... What did the previous airline mergers give up?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sean67

I'm a bit irritated that the whiny CEOs of sw and jet blue who think that they have a sense of entitlement of Dca and lga slots owned by the combo of us and amr.
What slots were given up during previous mergers?
Guess what.. If us has to give slots at dca, the crybaby carriers will not fly to the smaller cities that we serve.

Along with better grammar, improved and coherent sentence structure and correct punctuation as well.

Well, you got me on grammar. It was hastily posted between running errands. I just want a good dialog on the subject matter.

UAL had to give up 18 slots out of EWR to SWA for the merger to pass regulatory muster. Oh yeah and the bottom 60% of CAL pilots had to give up 10% or more relative seniority and add 3 or more years to their Captain upgrade time as well while super senior UAL JFK FOs pour in to the EWR base to fly the premium paying 767-400 they never would have seen absent the merger (UAL bases are effectively fenced due to their overstaffing). Ahh venting feels good...

UAL had to give up 18 slots out of EWR to SWA for the merger to pass regulatory muster. Oh yeah and the bottom 60% of CAL pilots had to give up 10% or more relative seniority and add 3 or more years to their Captain upgrade time as well while super senior UAL JFK FOs pour in to the EWR base to fly the premium paying 767-400 they never would have seen absent the merger (UAL bases are effectively fenced due to their overstaffing). Ahh venting feels good...

Did SWA ever give anything up? Now, who mentioned Shiner?

Did SWA ever give anything up? Now, who mentioned Shiner?

They tried to give away slots at Lubbock and Midland, but no takers...

I keed, I keed!!! ;)

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'm a bit irritated that the whiny CEOs of sw and jet blue who think that they have a sense of entitlement of Dca and lga slots owned by the combo of us and amr.
What slots were given up during previous mergers?
Guess what.. If us has to give slots at dca, the crybaby carriers will not fly to the smaller cities that we serve.
Since you were awarded the slots under a controlled system as separate and competing entities, why do you now think you are entitled to keep them after you combine your business models to reap a monopoly on that service? And no, we won't fly to small cities that need governmental handouts disguised as critical air service.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back