Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So... What did the previous airline mergers give up?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flop,

For the twentieth time, if you watched Gary Kelly's presentation you would have seen him guarantee 80ish new jobs from Southwest. Eight Zero. He said he couldn't guarantee anything more than that because he doesn't control anything beyond that (read vendor hiring and services).

What part of this don't you get? If the Houston City Council ran some other study of possible jobs...then that's their problem. Gary made this VERY clear during the Q&A sessions.

Yeah Red, sorry. It's the whole package. GK was trying to cover his tracks on jobs, but it won't matter. If you don't meet the HAS numbers, the terminal is a failure, which means SWA failed.

Btw: the quote you took from me was about $130 fare to Bogota which you chose to answer by making a point about jobs. If you're going to quote me, then answer to the quote. Where do you think HAS got that number? Are we suppose to believe they got it from anywhere but the airline this terminal is being built for?

Last edited:
Yeah Red, sorry. It's the whole package. GK was trying to cover his tracks on jobs, but it won't matter. If you don't meet the HAS numbers, the terminal is a failure, which means SWA failed.

Btw: the quote you took from me was about $130 fare to Bogota which you chose to answer by making a point about jobs. If you're going to quote me, then answer to the quote. Where do you think HAS got that number? Are we suppose to believe they got it from anywhere but the airline this terminal is being built for?

Is it me Flop? Or do you just seem like a really bitter person? Let it go you will sleep better at night.

Cover his track on jobs? How? Did he lie to them about jobs before? Was the job report done by Mr Kelly? Did he alter the job report to make it look better?

He stated EXACTLY what jobs he (SW) would bring to the party...nothing more, nothing less. How is that 'covering your tracks'? Do tell.

Cover his track on jobs? How? Did he lie to them about jobs before? Was the job report done by Mr Kelly? Did he alter the job report to make it look better?

He stated EXACTLY what jobs he (SW) would bring to the party...nothing more, nothing less. How is that 'covering your tracks'? Do tell.

Dude: Look at the facts. HAS didn't come up with the study and then look for the airline. SWA wanted this and they had input on all parts of it. Quit acting like GK had zero to do with the inflated jobs numbers. He covered himself technically, and you've maybe got adequate deniability on FI, but if the jobs don't materialize it's going to be a problem.

*I have the whole proposal. I maybe ought to throw it on here and we can all decide if SWA wrote it or not. It only speaks to the SWA effect about a dozen times.

Last edited:
If you don't meet the HAS numbers, the terminal is a failure, which means SWA failed. /QUOTE]

Not quite. If SWA makes a profit off HOU international, it is a success. We are in business to make money, not support some gooberment down in Houston.

If you don't meet the HAS numbers, the terminal is a failure, which means SWA failed. /QUOTE]

Not quite. If SWA makes a profit off HOU international, it is a success. We are in business to make money, not support some gooberment down in Houston.

Hardly. If anything, your scenario will only make it worse. Folks are starting to get tired of gypsy discounters a who don't consume/compete responsibly. Houston turned on CAL, they'll turn on you even easier. There are about 15,000 former CAL employees that will make sure their elected officials hear about it if you come up short on the HAS numbers.

Last edited:
Dude: Look at the facts. HAS didn't come up with the study and then look for the airline. SWA wanted this and they had input on all parts of it. Quit acting like GK had zero to do with the inflated jobs numbers. He covered himself technically, and you've maybe got adequate deniability on FI, but if the jobs don't materialize it's going to be a problem.

*I have the whole proposal. I maybe ought to throw it on here and we can all decide if SWA wrote it or not. It only speaks to the SWA effect about a dozen times.

Good Lord. Que the Black Helicopters. You've lost it brother.

Latest resources

Back