Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So what are United's new proposed rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The rumor was: just take a look at the DAL contract and subtract $1 per hour. It was claimed to be worth more per hour than DAL in total but some of the compensation has been assigned to improved retirement and benefits and not just straight pay.

Wait, so you mean I have to look at more than just pay tables to determine the whole value of a contract!?!?!?! :nuts:

I have my doubts about any gag order now that the AIP is in place. I suspect it has something to do with Pierce seeking cover from the resolution passed by his pilots requiring them to see any agreement before their MEC votes on it for member ratification.

What about the resolution that requires any substantial change to pay, work rules, retirement, or job protection provisions to be put to a pilot vote?

CAL pilots -- so smart we even outsmart ourselves. :D

Newman there will be plenty of time to get into the TA discussion with rational intelligent people. You are not in this group so I won't bother myself with your opinions. After all you were gitty to vote NO for the strike ballot. Given that and your past history at Skyw I wouldn't even want to discuss the weather with a 1% like you. Sorry you were the victim of so many swirlies back in high school.

I suppose I could have voted yes for the strike as there is little to no risk of actually being released. Still not interested in a strike though so I had to vote with my beliefs. All I am saying is getting Delta scope really that bad for us? 50 seat only scope was nice while we had it I am just being a realist. Fact is there is a place for 70 seaters in our system. First class for the biz travellers and right sized airplanes on certain routes. I don't want unlimited outsourcing I simply want realism and a nice raise with some retro. If we have to keep a few 70 seaters with strict limits then so be it.

I suppose I could have voted yes for the strike as there is little to no risk of actually being released. Still not interested in a strike though so I had to vote with my beliefs. All I am saying is getting Delta scope really that bad for us? 50 seat only scope was nice while we had it I am just being a realist. Fact is there is a place for 70 seaters in our system. First class for the biz travellers and right sized airplanes on certain routes. I don't want unlimited outsourcing I simply want realism and a nice raise with some retro. If we have to keep a few 70 seaters with strict limits then so be it.

Tell that to the 1,437 UAL pilots who were furloughed simply because their union felt 70-seaters would not harm them. They, and every pilot who got pushed down in seniority, were hosed because their union negotiators are so incompetent. 70-seaters replaced 737-500 flying. The A318, 319, and 737-700 will be the next to go if this scope is accepted.

Delta, by contrast to what is being offered to us, received guaranteed scope protections PLUS a gain of 88 B717s. DAL vs UAL is an apples to oranges comparison. Be leery of anyone, union or management, who make that "well, that's what DAL has" argument.

I spoke with a Captain recently who spoke directly to Chip Benton (Dir of MP). He told him in no uncertainty that there will be zero growth at the new UAL for the for-seeable future. IOW, as new 737s are delivered, UALs B757-200s will be retired and A319s, 73-700s will be replaced with 70 seaters. In fact, I read just yesterday in a company memo that the 150 recent Boeing order are REPLACEMENT aircraft only. NO GROWTH.

You can get all the gains you want in a pilot contract, once they outsource flying to 70-seaters the risk of you getting furloughed increases greatly. The reality of you stagnating on the seniority list becomes a virtual certainty.

So just wondering do you really expect to keep our scope without any concessions? I have no idea what is in the AIP(no one does), I can almost guarantee that we will not keep our scope. We need to stop being idealistic and be more realistic

I find the attitude on this board disappointing. Your tone lends to giving up. I guess we should bring on the big RJs and let the 10 year stagnation begin. That is what management wants you to believe is "industry standard", and you bought it. At least man up to your yes vote.

They have to finish the TA first. Everything you have read about the deal is total BS. No one knows anything yet.

Partially true, the rumor posted earlier in this thread was released from the LAX Reps by mistake. The information was extremely premature, but non the less, the source is very credible, as they were briefed by the NC.

DAL borrowed $600M, put it in escrow, to be paid to pilots upon completion of contract/SLI. $400M is pennies to these companies.

No, there was no retro, therefore no need to borrow $600M with regards to the DAL/NWA JCBA. Both DAL and NWA pilots had pay parity and a JCBA on the date of corporate closure, Oct 2008.

The DAL and NWA pilots negotiated an equity share in the merged company, 3.5% for pre-merger Delta pilots and 2.38 % for the pre‐merger Northwest pilots, which was a proportional amount, given the size of the two pilot groups, but that was not retro money, but rather a nice bonus.

Stupid is as stupid posts...

Latest resources

Back