Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So... What are the BIG benefits to F9 with Republic?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mayor Hickenlooper has been giving SWA the reach-around since your arrival. Spare me.

If F9 comes out of Chapter 11 it won't be long before they will be in it again or they will be sold off. If they do survive the F9 pilots will be paid what the regional pilots get. They will regret the decision to not accept what SWAPA offered.

If F9 comes out of Chapter 11 it won't be long before they will be in it again or they will be sold off. If they do survive the F9 pilots will be paid what the regional pilots get. They will regret the decision to not accept what SWAPA offered.

Dodgeball:
"We're better than you, and we know it!"

And Lynx L4?

Some benefits (serious, not trying to joke) are...

- F9 pilots get to keep their jobs
- F9 pilots get to keep their seats
- F9 pilots get to stay on their equipment
- F9 pilots get to keep their base
- F9 pilots get to keep their pay
- F9 pilots enter into integration talks with an advantage relative to their standing against the SWAPA pilots.
- F9 pilots will have the ability to help shape the RAH pilot group, and help shape the RAH contract to protect their current QOL.
- F9 pilots are not facing a guaranteed furlough
- F9 pilots get a chance to continue flying the brand they built, which means a lot to a lot of people
- F9 pilots are likely to end up with higher overall seniority compared with an integration at SWA
- F9 staff (mechanics, office staff, flight attendants) are more likely to keep their jobs, since many of the operations positions did not exist at RAH already.
- F9 employees are able to maintain a lot of continuity in their lives based on the stated intentions of RAH management.

Yes, some or all of the above can change over time, but RAH offered more hope for stability in terms of QOL, assuming RAH does not collapse under its ambition. F9 pilots faced the slow wind down of their fleet, which was going to lead to definite furloughs, highly likely base changes, and a future of being at the bottom of a seniority list at a time when growth is very limited and jobs are scarce. SWA may have offered more long term benefit, but MY OPINION is that the likely short term losses were just too much for the majority of F9 pilots to accept. But, I am not on their side of the fence, so my perspective may be off.

What will happen to the pilots at L4 that helped keep this thing afloat?

What will happen to the pilots at L4 that helped keep this thing afloat?

They had a meeting with BB. Since I wasn't there, I'll let them share what they know if they want to. They are equally optimistic judging from the conversations I 've had with them.

Latest resources

Back