Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So... What are the BIG benefits to F9 with Republic?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilot block hour crew costs are 58% lower at Republic ($100 per capita) versus Frontier ($170) and this suggests that Republic will want to reap the benefits of operating its own lower-cost crews. "
-http://seekingalpha.com/article/156382-southwest-airlines-missed-opportunity-frontier-goes-to-republic

I discount this entire article because it's based on incorrect assumptions. Our Airbus operation is lower CASM than the 190s (6 versus 7) Further, and most obbviously, F9s cokcpit costs are NOT 170/hr. And average Frontier flight deck's hourly rates total more than 200/hr, and that's before the B-fund, 401k match, and insurance costs. Absolute nonsense.

I discount this entire article because it's based on incorrect assumptions. Our Airbus operation is lower CASM than the 190s (6 versus 7) Further, and most obbviously, F9s cokcpit costs are NOT 170/hr. And average Frontier flight deck's hourly rates total more than 200/hr, and that's before the B-fund, 401k match, and insurance costs. Absolute nonsense.

Where did you get your cockpit cost info? I'm going on what the analysts are saying.

Analysts are mostly idiots in this business. And the Vaughn Cordle quoted in the first article is an fing scab, to boot.

airlinepilotcentral.com is a good place to start. The FAPA CBA is also helpful, along with the 8/1/09 Frontier seniority list. Bear in mind that no Frontier FO is on less than 3rd year pay. Lowest cost scenario, most junior FO paired with most junior CA = $211/hr, book rate. A seniority class from the dead middle of the list = $228/hr.

Analysts are mostly idiots in this business. And the Vaughn Cordle quoted in the first article is an fing scab, to boot.

airlinepilotcentral.com is a good place to start. The FAPA CBA is also helpful, along with the 8/1/09 Frontier seniority list. Bear in mind that no Frontier FO is on less than 3rd year pay. Lowest cost scenario, most junior FO paired with most junior CA = $211/hr, book rate. A seniority class from the dead middle of the list = $228/hr.

I think that just adds more fuel to the argument that they will have to take an even bigger pay cut or watch their flying get replaced by gel haired Ipod listeners for 99bucks an hour cockpit costs.

The problem with that assessment is that it leaves out the impending increase in wages for the Republic pilots. That $99 vs. $170 number will be much closer to $150 vs $170 after new pay is negotiated for RAH pilots on larger equipment. And that is my conservative estimate. .

If you think you're gonna get $150/hr out of Bedford, in any equipment, you're out of your mind. I know Bedford better than that.

Latest resources

Back