• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So was B19 right or wrong?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea I'd like to see one such cut! Your humor is killing us, look at Gun, he dropped his coffee cup on his computer.

I wish I had only dropped my coffee. I vomited a little in my mouth....

fischman I wouldn't worry about Avantair and people leaving. Our new owners are quite happy here. We hear it all the time. I dont get why it is so offensive that Avantair is doing well. The talk about Netjets here at Avantair is always very positive. We all feel for the 500 who will be out of work and put ourselves in their shoes. Why do you wish the same for us? I just don't get it. The fact is we are going to be here for a long time. We are well taken care of and thankful that we dont have to worry about our next paycheck.
By the way guys not having overtime available or reducing your work schedule is very different from refusing your yearly salary increase. I doubt anyone is doing that

By the way guys not having overtime available or reducing your work schedule is very different from refusing your yearly salary increase. I doubt anyone is doing that

Tell that to the people that planned their budget with that overtime or full schedule in mind. Pre-'08 it was normal to see extended days and overtime to the tune of 10-15% of you base pay. People made commitments based on what they thought their earnings would be and now what they are bringing in does not equal what they thought they would have. It is easy to be on the outside looking in and say that they did not take a pay cut, but when you are in the middle of paying the bills it looks like you did.

Situations like this allows me to remember that you can't understand why people do what they do until you walk in their shoes. There is always a rhyme to the reason.

Tell that to the people that planned their budget with that overtime or full schedule in mind. Pre-'08 it was normal to see extended days and overtime to the tune of 10-15% of you base pay. People made commitments based on what they thought their earnings would be and now what they are bringing in does not equal what they thought they would have.

The people that made committments based on extra money they were making are straight up idiots.

From a soon to be furloughed guy.

Yeah, what imacdog said...

Plus, why would you worry about the guys not getting overtime when there are THOUSANDS of guys not getting anytime right now?

Plus, would the folks bitchin about Avantair COO pay care to post what the COO at NetJets makes? Why is it pilots at other companies are complaining about our company...right before a massive furlough at their company? Do you somehow blame us?

Yeah, what imacdog said...

Plus, why would you worry about the guys not getting overtime when there are THOUSANDS of guys not getting anytime right now?

Plus, would the folks bitchin about Avantair COO pay care to post what the COO at NetJets makes? Why is it pilots at other companies are complaining about our company...right before a massive furlough at their company? Do you somehow blame us?

Life is downright miserable right now for a lot of our brothers/sisters in our industry. Our (Avantair's) COO, along with the rest of Avantair's management types, through their careful pre-planning for the Fractional's current situation deserve more than a little credit. We're in decent shape thanks to their proactiveness. There shouldn't be any hard feelings towards anyone at Avantair. We're not intentionally taking advantage of anyone's hardship, nor will we ever do that.

As I've said many, many times... Let's work together through this hard time. We'll survive, just like always. I had labor with Brazillian "legitimate" landscapers in the morning and drive skydivers in the afternoon/nites post-9/11 to pay my bills. It sucked, but it worked out. Let's suck it up, keep things in perspective, and work through this while keeping our dignity and professionalism about us.

I understand that Flightinfo is more about debate than pep-talk, but we can't afford to f-around right now. Solidarity as a pilot group will get us through this.

People did more than that ... they took voluntary measures -- reduced schedule and pay....

So yes they earned LESS than the published payscales.

People did more than that ... they took voluntary measures -- reduced schedule and pay....

So yes they earned LESS than the published payscales.

But it was still voluntary........

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back