• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So um... who is getting the new CR7's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The way I look at it is that a few will go to ASA and a few to Skywest. Then the whipsawing will begin. Just me thinking.

A whole two years on reserve OH MY GOD! I've been on reserve for four years and four months. In the last year I've flown more in the right seat than the left seat. Yes it sucks, but you know what? Reserve is a whole lot better than being FURLOUGHED.

701EV

ASA will keep what 70s they have in SLC and that base will stay open and the 22 70s are all going to Skywest. Skywest is still planning on opening a base in ATL next year basing the 705s there.

Erlanger said:
ASA will keep what 70s they have in SLC and that base will stay open and the 22 70s are all going to Skywest. Skywest is still planning on opening a base in ATL next year basing the 705s there.
Wow, neat crystal ball.

I think there is a fleet of bean counters sitting around figuring out the cost of each airline. If Skywest is a penny cheaper then the planes go to Skywest. If Atlanta Skywest Airlines is a penny cheaper then they go to ASA. The idea of loyalty to a company or a logo is rediculous. It is all about the shareholders.

Jerry Atkin said the airplanes would go where it made the most operational sense to deploy them. He said the airlines' costs were not so significantly different to be the deciding factor.

Then later in the Q&A he said that ASA's ATR type will be going away as the financial agreements terminate because Delta doesn't want that service. When asked about how this would affect pilot staffing, Mr. Atkin said he wants to minimize the disruption to ASA's operation. I took this to mean that the ATR's will be replaced - airplane for airplane - with airplanes from this order.

As far as growth airplanes, it probably all depends on where Delta and United decide to grow. I'm thinking ASA's SLC base is going away, or going to be taken over by SkyW, but Mr. Atkin said there was no immediate plan to make this happen.

As far as 705's, I don't know what keeps that rumor alive. I've never heard a manager talk about 705's and I'm not sure we have the room to park them in ATL. The tail of the 70 seater is already pretty close to the road.

701EV said:
A whole two years on reserve OH MY GOD! I've been on reserve for four years and four months. In the last year I've flown more in the right seat than the left seat. Yes it sucks, but you know what? Reserve is a whole lot better than being FURLOUGHED.

701EV

No complaining; you made the decision to upgrade! :) You could have a
sweet schedule in the right seat!

On a side note, a rumor from maint. says SKW is trying to acquire the old NW hangar on the south side of the field in ATL. That A checks will be done in ATL, and C check still in MCN

Latest resources

Back