Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1113(c)

Draginass said:
I agree with that. I don't think a strike can be stopped by the courts.

It's the simple fact that a strike would almost certainly liquidate the company. Grinstein knows that DALPA doesn't have the nads to do it. DALPA will fall and in a 1113, she'll give the company what they demand, and the pilots will shuffle off to work.

No airline has succumbed to the 1113c yet, United, ATA, HAL and Aloha.
Lets hope Delta won't be the first or many more airlines will try it.

I'd bid the 737 and get a type on DAL's dime, if your able.

Delta's pay and workrules will be in line with UAL, USAir and what NWA will get. There's no way the company will not get a competitive contract. There's no way DAPLA will force the court to impose a contract.

All the wailing and gnashing of teeth is pointless.TC

P.S.--Capt. X, great avatar. Hope it lasts! :D

I certainly don't think of ALPA, or DALPA doing more the a well thought song and dance.

Good luck, though....

AA717driver said:
Delta's pay and workrules will be in line with UAL, USAir and what NWA will get. There's no way the company will not get a competitive contract. There's no way DAPLA will force the court to impose a contract.

All the wailing and gnashing of teeth is pointless.TC

P.S.--Capt. X, great avatar. Hope it lasts! :D

While I agree with you that things will get worse on the pay side here, I have a quote from the judge the other day that asks about how the company came up with the proposed pay rates:

"You threw a stick up in the air and it came down and landed on 175."

So, as you can see, she is miffed at this process too. I see a pay cut coming, no doubt, and some other hardships. That is the way it goes. But, only the judge knows if she will allow it or not, and otherwise it is left up to negotiation. That needs to happen.

Bye Bye--General Lee

IB6 UB9 said:
Ding ding ding...winner! If the pilot's work for nothing, will the airline be profitable?

We can only hope that we get new managment blood (rumor has it that our new COO will get Gerry's job eventually, and he seems pretty sharp) and they actually come up with a plan. The CFO stated that with savings we will do a lot better in 2007 (can you do any worse?). I also printed an article with a story about a gathering of DL/NW/AF/KLM someday. Maybe that will be the plan. Also, if we get $3 billion a year in savings, and then drop the pensions, we could be in a lot better shape. Who knows?

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
We can only hope that we get new managment blood (rumor has it that our new COO will get Gerry's job eventually, and he seems pretty sharp) and they actually come up with a plan. The CFO stated that with savings we will do a lot better in 2007 (can you do any worse?). I also printed an article with a story about a gathering of DL/NW/AF/KLM someday. Maybe that will be the plan. Also, if we get $3 billion a year in savings, and then drop the pensions, we could be in a lot better shape. Who knows?

Bye Bye--General Lee

General et al, How about this, you guys need to get your own management team, get a plan, get some funding, walk into court with the plan and say this is what our guys can do, cause we are not going to work for the guys that are here. My humble 2cts.

What has been said here is really what had been said by airline anaylist for some years. Basically when American became king, Delta was, even when profitable, a carrier with a very narrow route structure, little international routes to the right areas (NWA to Asia would be considered the right area), and limited value other than the workforce was considered to be above average. They were also considered more vulnerable to some extent as the LCC carriers would do well in there city pairs as opposed to New York etc where it is hard to turn the flights quickly, a problem that US or whatever they call it today had.

Selling it off may well be an alternative.

Here is the big difference between Delta and USair/United. United and USAir saw 9/11 and said whoa sh!t this could be bad for buisness... They quickly dove into BK and started to fix the problem... three years ago. American and CAL were well ahead of them.
Delta meanwhile started a bonfire with cash. Everyone sat around roasting hot dogs and having a good time... (Everyone includes management, rampers, pilots, etc.) Finally the fire started to die down and someone came back from the money pile and said "hey the money pile is empty."
"Impossible we are Delta airlines we have been stacking that money pile for years you must have missed some."
"Nope we checked everywhere even took some from the pilots"
Then after all the money was gone... and I mean all the money they decide to go into BK. Delta will be the airline that gets liquidated. I hope the pilots strike to put this one to bed. I'll be on the street but at least someone will have forced me out of this dumb a$$ career.

Latest resources

Back