Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
See you on the radio, happy flying.

Thanks for the great posts.
A lot of "non-aviation" posts have started flooding in here. Takes more time to sort through them, but I guess that's life.

FDJ, I once found myself replying to everything. Once I realized that I didn't have to comment on every thread, I found the bbs to be much more enjoyable. That and the ability to occasionally let the other guy have the last word. If his last word trumps your last word, he would have won anyway; if not, his last post will have validated your decision to walk away.

Once you face the fact that some are not going to swayed to your way of thinking, and that they are the only ones still in the thread, it becomes much easier to let them have the last work.

regards,
enigma

FDJ,

I hope you reconsider. I understand your frustration!!!!! Try not visiting as much. If you are able to touch one person, or make a new friend than your time IS WORTH IT!!!!

I do not enjoy this board as much as I used (for the reasons you have mentioned), but through this board I found the mentor network, and now have a mentoree at my old University.

I am able to coach a college student and help answer his questions about this crazy business. It has made a big difference.

If you can touch just one person than it is worth it. Hope you stay.
If not, best wishes in your flying career!!

AAflyer

FDJ:

I was at that point a few months ago. I can understand your frustration . . . . and it must be multipiied by being furloughed. How frustrating, to have the skills and the employee number, and not be able to show up and "commit acts of aviation", to say nothing of the loss of income.

I wish you all the best, and hope that you drop by from time to time, and that you are back in the saddle again soon, taxiing oh-so-slowly down Lima, to the frustration of us lowly convicts over here on Cellblock C.

I think we'd all like to see a rising trend in the piloting profession, just as much as you'd like to see it. The exchange of ideas is important. Through this board, I've developed a greater appreciation for those that I don't agree with. They help me stay on my toes, and keep challenging my assumptions. That's a good thing. As events develop, I'll bet you will have new things to say, or old ideas made new by changing perspectives.

I hope you do stop by once in a while, since I don't want to see the board lose too many of its regular posters who can write an understandable paragraph, or clearly express an issue.

I wish you wouldn't go.

Not that I'm going to slather your a$$ with sunshine and roses, because I don't even know who you are. Rather, out of purely selfish reasons.

As I (hopefully) move up in the world, I won't have the benefit of being an FE listening to two of the more experienced (if not older) guys in the cockpit talking about stuff . It'll be me, and one other guy. Being a fly on the wall can be a lot more enlightening and entertaining. This forum provides that, even if the signal to noise ratio is kinda high at times.

Those who fly the Big Iron provide a much needed balance here, especially on those huge issues to the profession like scope, PFT, scabbing, as well as just plain flying the line.

Perhaps you could contribute along the latter vein if the other topics wear you out. The occasional "funny thing happened at work today" would be a great motivator for those of us still get more bugs on our planes than ice or rain.

It'a free country, FDJ, so go if you must - but your work here isn't done.

Max Respect,

Salty Dog

Latest resources

Back