So Long

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyDeltasJets

This board has taken up too much of my time, and has now gotten to the point where it is no longer of any value to me as a forum for the exchange of information. It has unfortunately deteriorating to the point where people are as interested in personal attacks as they are in the issues. I have tried to stay above the fray, but am not always successful.

I get many pm's from people telling me how much they enjoy my posts, and some have even thanked me for changing their minds. Unfortunately, I get just as many people publically telling me that I am an arrogant a-hole. Since this board is primarily comprised of regional pilots, many of whom believe that they have a beef with mainline pilots, I'm not surprised by this. In addition, my two major issues of concern, the loss of high paying jobs to outsourced labor, and the degradation of the profession as a result of competitive forces from other airlines put me in an unpopular position considering the average user of this board.

Some believe that they can predict my personality, or form an opinion on whether or not they would like me in person based on the writings on this board. As this board is focused on one thing, and my personal life and personality has far more variety, I would venture to say that few people have any idea what I am like in real life. My guess is that we would all get along, as I have never had any problems making friends, and I have enjoyed almost every trip I have been on.

The fact is, I don't think I can add any more to what I have already written on this forum. Most know how I feel by now, and if they don't, they are welcome to do a search. I do hope that people realize that my posts were born of two things: An interest in and extensive research on the issues, and a strong hope that the profession will be better than it was when we arrived. Although some call me arrogant for suggesting that we aren't doing too well so far.

All that being said, I think I'm done on these boards. I no longer have the desire to fight the fight on my own, besides the fact that so few people seem to want to hear both sides of the issues. So I will leave you to your discussions. I will check in now and again, and I may even find that I miss posting and will start again. However, at this point I have very little desire to be an industry crusader, supported by some and hated by others. T

I'm just a pilot, concerned about all of our future. Perhaps I will put that concern to better use through union work.

Either way, I'll see you guys later. To those managed to have disagreements without getting personal, I've enjoyed it. To those who got nasty, truth be told, I kind of enjoyed that too!

I'll see you all down the road. Good luck.

FDJ

Thanks for your contributions to the board and especially to the on going debate over outsourcing of major airline jobs.

Sorry to see you go.

Typhoonpilot

FDJ,

It's much more tolerable if you stay off the RJDC threads! Try that for a while. It worked for me.

If not, adios y buen suerte amigo.

Take care Pal, and thanks for the debates. It IS fun, for sure.

You know where we are if you want to reunite.

Blue Skies and Tailwinds.

jetBlue320

(But if you are not lurking anymore, I guess you won't see this either! Duh)

Last edited:
Hey, FDJ,

I hardly ever agree with you, but I've enjoyed debating you immensely. You are a gentleman and I'll be sorry to see you go.

You could also try just lurking, and only put your 2 cents in once in a while. It works for me anyway. Good luck!

FDJ -

Any and all disagreements aside, you've always conducted yourself in an honorable fashion and tried to treat the other posters with respect. That puts you above many posters on here, on all sides of any issue.

If you miss the good guys and can overlook the nitwits who lurk here now and then, we'd welcome you back. Until then, fly safe ...

R

FDJ,
I landed on 26R the other day and as I was taxing in I had to hold short of 26L. I looked over and saw the big sign Fly Delta Jets, I thought about you and wondered how you were doing. I know that we both come from the far extremes of the spectrems but I have enjoyed the time butting heads on this board. Good Luck and may things turn around quickly so you can get back to doing what you obviously love to do. Cheers. Dave

Latest resources

Back