Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So lets say an enroute looses sep, what do you 121 guys and gals do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bandit, doesn't sound like you have much to worry about if you filed the NASA report, no loss of separation, no reprimand, our relationship with controllers is a special one, let's not screw it up, DEMAND a read back if there is any question. Good luck.

Civ/Mil: Civilian Part 121 PC12/04
A/C Flown: B738,B727,HS125,LRJT, and numerous bugsmashers from DC-3 on down
Ratings: ATPSES,CFIAIMI,A+P,AI, B737,B727,HS125,LRJT
Curr Position: CPT B-738/PC 12/04
Total Time: 19,210

I hear ya
I read the first post and I heard the frustrations of a contoller. No pilot(at least all of us from the old school, from the new school there are some I am not impressed with)is going to write any controller up. The only reason he would do this is because he maybe felt that the controller was going to do it himself. Most of the time we use the tone of voice to determine what we are going to do in the event of a problem. The risky part is that we don't know what happens after the controller releases the mike switch. With the advent of the ASAP program if there is a mistake the pilot is going to write it up to cover himselt. If he writes it up it will go to the ASAP committee which consist of the union, the POI(FAA), and the committee heads from management. Usually it will stop right there and go no further, by the time it gets to the committee the whole incident is sterilzed so no one knows the time, date and situation.If one does not write up an ASAP report and it hits the fan via another venue, the pilot is in big trouble and could face violations, with an ASAP report the pilot is exempt for the most part.Therefore with the advent of the ASAP program any type of incident I will write up, this covers myself and my crew and in reality covers the controller too as incident now goes from regulatory violation to advisory so no one involved will get hurt one way or the other.
user_offline.gif

Say Again Over said:
Bandit, doesn't sound like you have much to worry about if you filed the NASA report, no loss of separation, no reprimand, our relationship with controllers is a special one, let's not screw it up, DEMAND a read back if there is any question. Good luck.

Apparently I am going to get a letter or warning since those are not covered under the ASR exemption program.

Latest resources

Back