Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So I was reading the SkyWest SAPA Forums...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not only how hard did he work.

The last raise OO got was thanks to ASA's new contract and an effort to kill the ALPA union drive they had going. Otherwise they would still be at the lower rate.

Is he flying the same equipment as you?

Yes, the OO pilots did get small boosts to pay to bring them up to ASA's level. This occurred during the last ALPA drive at Skywest, at the same time when rumors were floated that flying for Southwest depended on voting down ALPA.

Did the new ASA pilot contract not include Skywest's work rule improvements, including 2:1 duty rig, premium pay, MDG, and profit sharing?

If so, it sounds like both groups got small increases in overall compensation as a result of the merger.

The last raise OO got was thanks to ASA's new contract and an effort to kill the ALPA union drive they had going. Otherwise they would still be at the lower rate.

The last union drive at SkyWest ended on November 7, 2007, when the NMB election ended. The ASA contract was finalized just prior to the voting period opening in early October, 2007. The current pay scale at SkyWest was in place in January, 2007.

Other than being completely at odds with the FACTS, your post is 100% accurate.

Last edited:
I would think that if Mesa cant meet certain requirements that a bankruptcy judge puts in place that the US Air contract could become void well before it is up. If so, WTF would Mesa MEC's have to say if these pilots were all on the street? ALPA cant say or do anything once that happens. Ive heard that SKYW would hire Mesa FOs and put them thru a quick training period for the CRJ that has been approved by the fAA already and that they would even hire some Mesa street captains. Who knows, I hope everyone keeps their jobs!!

I would think that if Mesa cant meet certain requirements that a bankruptcy judge puts in place that the US Air contract could become void well before it is up. If so, WTF would Mesa MEC's have to say if these pilots were all on the street? ALPA cant say or do anything once that happens. Ive heard that SKYW would hire Mesa FOs and put them thru a quick training period for the CRJ that has been approved by the fAA already and that they would even hire some Mesa street captains. Who knows, I hope everyone keeps their jobs!!

Its called creditors ommittee co chair'd by Mesa ALPA....

get your facts

Mesa pilots will not bee on the street, news to be announced shortly.

The SKW game plan failed miserably so far, mesa pilots have better choices

SKYW, via chipaway. Everything chipaway, touches turns to dross, kind of the reverse Midas touch. Can not wait till he is the new VP of Special Projects, ie full time golfer.
PBR

It has been in our SOP for a long time. It was a memo about 3 years ago and a carpet dance by over 300 pilots two years ago that changed when we actually drop the brake to get paid. It was SkyWest that refused to pay us from the time we were ready to get deiced and pushed. GoJet gets paid for this ORD deice time and they fall under the same UAL rules as SkyWest.

It has to do with what triggered the out time from ACARS. During one IROP about 3 winters ago, UA had people watching as airplanes at the gate were showing out and sitting there for another 45 minutes waiting for deicing. United then asked that the triggers for out times get changed. I don't know how GoJet reports their out time.

It has to do with what triggered the out time from ACARS. During one IROP about 3 winters ago, UA had people watching as airplanes at the gate were showing out and sitting there for another 45 minutes waiting for deicing. United then asked that the triggers for out times get changed. I don't know how GoJet reports their out time.

It has to do with SKW fudgging their numbers out of DEN since they have their own employees on the ground and ops and got caught by United.....

let the truth be heard come on

Latest resources

Back