Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So I was reading the SkyWest SAPA Forums...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the best thing we at skywest can do is push for one list along with the xjet pilots and accept that it will have to be under ALPA. The next goal should be to get the pilot group separated from the other empolyee groups in terms of policy and benefits. Then we'd be in a position to secure significant improvments in pay and benefits.

Scott

From what I heard, not sure if it's true, 1% raise for rj capt, no raise for rj fo, and .5% for bro pilots
Plus the ORD no pay to deice issue is near during the winter months.
Oh and SkyWest had it's 61st consecutive quarterly dividend.

The ORD de-ice is not a Skywest policy. It's a United policy. United does not want you to be called "out" until you're within 60 seconds of actually moving the plane. It is the policy they impose on all the UAX carriers that operate out of ORD, and it's because de-icing is done at the gate, should it change to a remote area, then you're obviously going to be on the clock since you taxied the plane there.

I think it's a crap rule. No, I do not agree with it, but I am clarifying it, since some think that it's something Skywest management conceived on their own. Direct the blame at United management for that one.

So as a citizens we have first Amend rights... but as employees we do not... yet corporations do have rights.. as persons....

Skywest Corp... a "person" who has first Amend rights. (Citizens United)
Skywest pilots... no first Amend rights... basically the Burka Boys...

Still trying to figure this out....

Well it's going to be a whole new game when retirements start happening and the 1500hr rule comes into effect. If regional airlines want to attract/retain pilots they are going to have to raise the bar. The first company to sign a POS contract are going to have a hell of a time finding pilots in the future. It's the responsibility of the unions/management to have a contract that will attract quality applicants. Of course management would never agree.

Arent you a PSA pilot?

Are you kidding me? look at what you did with your last LOA, not signed yet thanks god......

How do you get one single list with three (soon to be two) operating certficates?

Easy, ask RAH. One master list of pilots, then you bid the company and equipment, base, etc. When it comes time to furlough you start at the bottom of the list, regardless of the certificate the pilot is flying for, no whipsaw. No furlough at ASA while Skywest grows.

Latest resources

Back