Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So I was reading the SkyWest SAPA Forums...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skywest Pylot

at my friends place (my friend is a SkyWest pilot and I am not anymore) and a couple of thoughts occurred to me about your current pay negotiations. The company obviously wants you to sign off on a quick (pathetic) pay package so they can use that to leverage against ASA/Expressjet in their negotiations. Here are a couple of suggestions: When Management offers you a pathetic pay package maybe it would be wise to turn it down and pass the negotiating baton to the ASA/Expressjet guys. No offense to Mike M. and the SAPA Folks but ASA/Expressjet is in a MUCH Better position with legal team and negotiating resources to achieve significant gains. Once the bar has been raised then you could go to Klen and demand a matching pay package. I know from talking to my Expressjet buddies that they are pushing for a single list but if that for some reason doesn't happen they are gonna push for some serious scope language that would guarantee that any future growth would have to be evenly distributed between SkyWest and the new ASA so it doesn't do any good to undercut eachother. W.B suggested this very thing on SAPAforums. Growth will happen where it will happen regardless. Why not use your heads to achieve a long overdue gain.

Or here is another idea - GET ONE LIST!!! And take the contract that ExpressJet has. Take ALPA in and may be them, you will get respected.

Respect has nothing to do with putting food on the table or a roof over your head or a new car in the driveway.

If you want those things, you have to work for an airline that can not send the jobs to a cheaper alternative. Period. That's the reality of working for an "express" or "connection" carrier.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

The problem is this. SAPA can't negotiate! They have no leverage. No bargaining power. They either take what they are offered or they have terms imposed on them.

it would be wise to turn it down and pass the negotiating baton to the ASA/Expressjet guys.

Yeah, key phrase here, 'pass the negotiating on to ASA/XJT'. Let me translate, let others do the heavy lifting and ride the coat-tails and benefit without the expense. Great idea!

The problem is this. SAPA can't negotiate! They have no leverage. No bargaining power. They either take what they are offered or they have terms imposed on them.

Remember that SAPA is a fun club for SkyW Pilots which sucks much of the volunteers time. The Co allows them to make suggestions but has no requirement to listen or act regardless of the majority feeling of its members. SkyW does need a union, just not ALPA. Good luck in the search guys!

Baja.

Respect has nothing to do with putting food on the table or a roof over your head or a new car in the driveway.

If you want those things, you have to work for an airline that can not send the jobs to a cheaper alternative. Period. That's the reality of working for an "express" or "connection" carrier.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Well it's going to be a whole new game when retirements start happening and the 1500hr rule comes into effect. If regional airlines want to attract/retain pilots they are going to have to raise the bar. The first company to sign a POS contract are going to have a hell of a time finding pilots in the future. It's the responsibility of the unions/management to have a contract that will attract quality applicants. Of course management would never agree.

From what I heard, not sure if it's true, 1% raise for rj capt, no raise for rj fo, and .5% for bro pilots
Plus the ORD no pay to deice issue is near during the winter months.
Oh and SkyWest had it's 61st consecutive quarterly dividend.

From what I heard, not sure if it's true, 1% raise for rj capt, no raise for rj fo, and .5% for bro pilots
Plus the ORD no pay to deice issue is near during the winter months.
Oh and SkyWest had it's 61st consecutive quarterly dividend.
Really sounds like a great place to work! How generous of management. I guess it's just a privilege to work there, the pay isn't important. Par for the course

Latest resources

Back