• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So I am in the pool!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No but, if you consider a consistently profitable company that treats the employees good in my opinion (not that I have work for a bad one but listen to others I guess it is bad at other places) and getting paid a good amount of $$ joining a cult.....sorry you don't want to come here. The hazing process once you get here is rough. I think they had something on the news about it I think it is called "water boarding" in the news, they talk about water but we use $1 beers. If you survive the first year you are set free. If you drown then you are sent to fly AMs. Since I am typing now I guess I drowned. I need to go downstairs and get a beer now to try and get set free....sorry you won't be at the cult meeting.

Did you ever hear of paragraphs?

And actually having a point? LOL

I'm not bashing SWA. I tell the same things to guys in the FDX pool.

Pool ain't a job. Its a hope. FDX dropped 5 bucks today. A bad week in the business and it could be years before someone hires. If you join a legacy you can always quit. Quitting won't make the company there love you, but the dudes on the property (unless its SWA where they get emotionally attached about that stuff) will be glad to see you leave since it sends a signal to mgt that "we need more money...."

It ain't personal, its business. If I could test fly CAL or someone a while, I'd do it. "Being comfortable" at your regional is nice...but how long do you think you'll wait? SWA stays they'll start again in Jan. Time will tell...

You will know in five years if you made the right choice.

Couldn't agree with Albie's point anymore...

Yeah, anybody out there feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, BUT...anytime, anyone, anywhere in the industry leaves a job, it's good for the industry as a whole, because it sends a message to management that things aren't where they need to be.

Got a lot of buddies that I would like to see at SWA with me, but I'm telling them to get a JOB, because the stuff will really hit the fan with hiring if age 65 passes, and when that music stops, you don't want to be looking for a chair (or better yet, a seat in a cockpit).

Now I should get back to figuring out why those folks at Playboy couldn't do a better job of trying to airbrush that "exploited hooters girls'" (gold diggers) face...maybe this box of mexican wine will help me figure that out. CHEERS everybody and have a great Thanksgiving!!

Thanks for all the insite. When I interviewed I said I was happy with the job I have...QOL Senioity Etc...I told myself I would be happy either way...but now I am in limbo....I was always a fighter and a changer where I am...but I feel like I have lost my energy for it here now that I am a "Short timer" and that is in quotes because I do not know what short timer means any more.

I was told I should be there after the holidays...I did not know they meant next fourth of July...if I am lucky....

So for now focus where I am and stay off this board till the phone rings with a Dallas area code.

Sit tight you are making money and have an offer. Things will change after the first of the year. You will like it here. Keep stuff updated at other places your are interested in take any interviews. If you have to make a decision then you make one. Right now you have only SWA right? So nothing to worry about. If something comes along then you see where things are. Take care

Thanks for all the insite. When I interviewed I said I was happy with the job I have...QOL Senioity Etc...I told myself I would be happy either way...but now I am in limbo....I was always a fighter and a changer where I am...but I feel like I have lost my energy for it here now that I am a "Short timer" and that is in quotes because I do not know what short timer means any more.

I was told I should be there after the holidays...I did not know they meant next fourth of July...if I am lucky....

So for now focus where I am and stay off this board till the phone rings with a Dallas area code.

First off congrats for just getting in the pool. I would bet its not going to take as long as you think. I was told 3-4 months last march and it turned out to be 2-3 weeks.

What is in the kool aid there at SWA?

It must be really good. LOL

Actually its fantastic, the company and the union last week reached an agreement on scope and code share. Guess what! Even though we still have a little bit to go the company has stated that they will HONOR the scope and codeshare agreement we have come up with. Now who else would that!

Actually its fantastic, the company and the union last week reached an agreement on scope and code share. Guess what! Even though we still have a little bit to go the company has stated that they will HONOR the scope and codeshare agreement we have come up with. Now who else would that!

Grammar check please. Almost unreadable.

Latest resources

Back