So I am in the pool!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IslandDriver

So here I swim in the SWA pool. Pool date 8/5. Interviewed in March but had to wait to get the type.

Should I swim or try and go elsewhere? I guess I am just getting a little water logged.

I am at a regional and a lot of guys junior to me are moving on to the likes of JetBlue, CAL, AirTran and others. What if all those doors close in the next year while I wait....will I have missed my window of opportunity?

What would you do?

AT, no. JB, no. I would wait for SWA. Long term, I believe you cannot go wrong by swimming in the SWA pool until a classdate is assigned. You are employed at the present time, not on the unemployment line.
Just my $.02 worth Good luck and choose what works best for you and your family.

You have NOTHING at SWA. Notta. Zip. You have a PLEDGE to be hired sometime down the road, when and if economic considerations warrant.

IF you were to go to CAL (or DAL, NWA, or anywhere else) you might get a JOB and a line number. You could then evaluate if you like that company and its style of flying if/when SWA calls. Then you can make a decsion...

If you are in the pool, SWA has every intention of hiring you. Could it take a long time? Yes. How bad do you want to work at SWA? Serious question.

If you go to another place and are just starting out, first year pay, training, etc. and then you get a class are you going to leave to come to SWA? If the answer is "yes" then you might as well stay where you are, enjoy your seniority and flying left seat. I can tell you this: the wait in the pool will be well worth it when you are here.

Regards,
CB

What is in the kool aid there at SWA?

It must be really good. LOL

Well we only take those that say YES to CAL and do not turn down the job. Sorry for your luck.

So you are on the hiring comittee at SWA then? LOL, yeah right! Give me a break.

I would like to work there, but I don't want to have to join a cult. LOL

So you are on the hiring committee at SWA then? LOL, yeah right! Give me a break.

I would like to work there, but I don't want to have to join a cult. LOL

No but, if you consider a consistently profitable company that treats the employees good in my opinion (not that I have work for a bad one but listen to others I guess it is bad at other places) and getting paid a good amount of $$ joining a cult.....sorry you don't want to come here. The hazing process once you get here is rough. I think they had something on the news about it I think it is called "water boarding" in the news, they talk about water but we use $1 beers. If you survive the first year you are set free. If you drown then you are sent to fly AMs. Since I am typing now I guess I drowned. I need to go downstairs and get a beer now to try and get set free....sorry you won't be at the cult meeting.

Latest resources

Back