Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So ExpressJet now has swap/IROP EVERY DAY??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sweet geezus... thats F'd up. I didnt know that. Who the hell negotiated that turd? 5 hours?

What happens on the ERJ side during a major weather event when you have a cancellation inside your original trip hour period? How long do they have to reassign you before they have to release you? Serious question, because that language was an improvement for us in 2007. If memory serves prior to Contract 2007 they could keep us at the airport for reassignment for the entire remaining footprint. The language is meant to get you home earlier than your original duty-out time if they can't find anything to replace a cancelled leg(s).

Last edited:
What happens on the ERJ side during a major weather event when you have a cancellation inside your original trip hour period? How long do they have to reassign you before they have to release you? Serious question, because that language was an improvement for us in 2007. If memory serves prior to Contract 2007 they could keep us at the airport for reassignment for the entire remaining footprint. The language is meant to get you home earlier than your original duty-out time if they can't find anything to replace a cancelled leg(s).

If the LAST leg of your pairing is cancelled, you are liable for 5 hours or trip termination, whichever is earlier. This only applies during swap on the last leg of your pairing. Otherwise, if something cancels at any other time, you call scheduling and they either have something for you right then or you are released to your next leg, whenever that may be (well if its the last leg of my pairing, I go home unless they have a crew tracker meet my airplane). [contract 2004]

Last edited:
Peaking out the window here in ATL it looked like a tornado was about to touch down any minute. I say the IROP was justified this time around.

Ground stop in ATL til 10pm

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

If the LAST leg of your pairing is cancelled, you are liable for 5 hours or trip termination, whichever is earlier. This only applies during swap on the last leg of your pairing. Otherwise, if something cancels at any other time, you call scheduling and they either have something for you right then or you are released to your next leg, whenever that may be (well if its the last leg of my pairing, I go home unless they have a crew tracker meet my airplane). [contract 2004]

Huh. 5 hours or trip termination in SWAP sounds very similar to what I described . I don't understand the other posters' outrage.

Huh. 5 hours or trip termination in SWAP sounds very similar to what I described . I don't understand the other posters' outrage.

I guess the difference is that we don't get put on short call reserve. They either reassign us within the 5 hours or we are released to the next leg.

I guess the difference is that we don't get put on short call reserve. They either reassign us within the 5 hours or we are released to the next leg.

In my experience being put on reserve for the remainder of footprint is rare, and if they do you are often a very useless reserve because of duty-time, premium pay if extended beyond original duty out, etc. If they don't find something else during the reassignment window you're usually home-free unless particularly unlucky. In any case not having that possibility is nice. The post that struck me as odd was specifically griping about the 5 hour reassignment window, but it sounds like that was acceptable to L-XJT negotiators as well.

In my experience being put on reserve for the remainder of footprint is rare, and if they do you are often a very useless reserve because of duty-time, premium pay if extended beyond original duty out, etc. If they don't find something else during the reassignment window you're usually home-free unless particularly unlucky. In any case not having that possibility is nice. The post that struck me as odd was specifically griping about the 5 hour reassignment window, but it sounds like that was acceptable to L-XJT negotiators as well.

Yes, but it only affects us if its the last leg that cancels while in swap.

Yes, but it only affects us if its the last leg that cancels while in swap.

Which now occurs when:

ORD: A fart produced by any living creature.
IAH: Any precipitation within a 900NM Radius
DEN: Every time a plan breaks down (hourly)
EWR: When a robbery occurs in the NYC area
CLE: When the lake looks "full"
IAD: Every time an employee comes to work in Dullestan.

Which now occurs when:

ORD: A fart produced by any living creature.
IAH: Any precipitation within a 900NM Radius
DEN: Every time a plan breaks down (hourly)
EWR: When a robbery occurs in the NYC area
CLE: When the lake looks "full"
IAD: Every time an employee comes to work in Dullestan.

And that reminds me, scheduling restricts manual trip trades are only when ALL hubs are in swap.

Latest resources

Back