• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So-called peace activists

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're just rationalizing. Killing IS murder when you're talking about civilians lost in war. How many civilian deaths (a.k.a. collateral damage) would it take for you to begin thinking that maybe your higher power doesn't condone this war? Does He make exceptions for those who may fall through the cracks when we make a mistake?

I'm all for overthrowing Saddam, I just don't agree we're going about it in a way that can be justified.

Saddam will kill more civilians in a year, than we will kill in the short war.

Does He make exceptions for those who may fall through the cracks when we make a mistake?

OK, I'll bite.

Anything that man does is inherently imperfect. That's why we were not able to conform to the law, as given. Everyone, without exception, kept "missing the mark". That's why we have the gospel, to spell out "plan B" for mankind. This inherent imperfection of man includes war, civil punishment, and the widespread unwillingness for reverence.

By extension, to target your question: when an innocent civillian is killed in a just war, he is the victim of his oppressive regieme just as much as if he had been taken off the streets by his secret police and beheaded. Have you heard the reports of the Iraqi military elements that have marched out groups of cilvillians as protection while they fire on us? Who is responsible when they are killed? Even Iraqi civilians will give their lives in this conflict to gain freedom for their country.

To the point: no exception is necessary. Good question, though. I have to admit that the "rationale" is not mine. It's right from His word.

I'm all for overthrowing Saddam, I just don't agree we're going about it in a way that can be justified.

Here is how we are going about it: in a more careful, precise and well-considered manner than ever before in any war at any time in history. In fact, we have greater American losses in this war than we would have if we were not going to such great lengths to PROTECT innocent civillians.

The fact is, no other country that has ever existed could be doing a better job than we are doing right now.

Last edited:
Sorry Slap!

Where'd the Iranian airbus thing come from? maybe i'm missing something.

Ya, my fault. It was that very intilectual individual named Snake:mad:

slapstick said:

What would be a good "anti war" way of removing saddam? Asking him pretty please? Maybe with a cherry on top? Perhaps we could make him eat Big Macs and smoke cigarettes until he dies of a heart attack or lung cancer.

What would be your way of removing him?

You're just rationalizing. Killing IS murder when you're talking about civilians lost in war. How many civilian deaths (a.k.a. collateral damage) would it take for you to begin thinking that maybe your higher power doesn't condone this war? Does He make exceptions for those who may fall through the cracks when we make a mistake?

If that is the case what about people killed in an auto accident? If I were to do that would it be murder? I don't think so. We are not targeting civilians, yet Saddam continues to hide his weapons in civilian areas. This war will save far more lives than it will destroy.

I don't have my Bible with me, so I can't give you the exact referance, but there is a passage where I the Isrealites were commanded to enter an area and "utterly destroy" the inhabitants. Don't tell me God does not condone self defense.

'Collateral damage', (which is a whitewashed way of saying innocent civilians killed) is a tragic and unavoidable outcome of war. Perhaps more would be killed if we did nothing. This is not a perfect world. It is filled with failed human beings. We cannot rely on the good intentions of others when they repeatedly demonstrate their willingness to destroy the innocent. Their blood is on the hands of the Iraqi regime, not ours, no matter how much you wish that the opposite were true.

Moral relatavists make me laugh. They claim that there is no absolute truth, yet they defend their viewpoints in a way that betrays their true belief. Just come out and say it - you only have the courage to stand up to law-abiding governments.

Pax Americana

Latest resources

Back