Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tie1on

So Called Overpaid SULLY

Has anyone really considered what Sully was paid for doing his job? about 60 dollars.

The american media and public think pilots are overpaid. how come CNN FOX MSNBC will not cover this topic?

Are they biased?

Last edited:
Has anyone really considered what Sully was paid for doing his job? about 60 dollars.

The american media and public think pilots are overpaid. how come CNN FOX MSNBC will not cover this topic?

Are they biased?

Apparently tonight on CBS with Katie Couric, Sully is going to talk about why the best and brightest will one day not be in the cockpit. Hopefully he will use his 15 minutes of fame to show that pilots deserve
decent pay and the decline in wages will make the brightest seek other careers.

It will be a great step forward for us as individuals and as a profession when we all realize that everything instructordude says is a blatant attempt to piss us off.

Incidentally, I didn't catch the CBS interview. Did anything of substance make it past the editors?

We, as pilots, should be paid a lot more than the industry currently pays us (that goes for all levels, regionals, majors).

But look at it from management's view: Sully just showed he can do everything / great job when sh*t hits the fan, for only $125/hr. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw some management guy at a negotiation session for a 737 operator say to the pilots, "Look what they did! And they only get $125/hr tops!"

Latest resources

Back