So Called Overpaid

tie1on

Total Time
So Called Overpaid SULLY

Has anyone really considered what Sully was paid for doing his job? about 60 dollars.

The american media and public think pilots are overpaid. how come CNN FOX MSNBC will not cover this topic?

Are they biased?

Last edited:

8v8ter

Total Time
13K+
Has anyone really considered what Sully was paid for doing his job? about 60 dollars.

The american media and public think pilots are overpaid. how come CNN FOX MSNBC will not cover this topic?

Are they biased?

Apparently tonight on CBS with Katie Couric, Sully is going to talk about why the best and brightest will one day not be in the cockpit. Hopefully he will use his 15 minutes of fame to show that pilots deserve
decent pay and the decline in wages will make the brightest seek other careers.

glasspilot1

Total Time
Does the splash down count for a "ON" time or "IN" time?

instructordude

Playing with Fire
Total Time
We're overpaid in some ways and underpaid in others.

svcta

"Kids these days"-AAflyer
Total Time
SOLO!

thepotato232

Tuberriffic
Total Time
>0
It will be a great step forward for us as individuals and as a profession when we all realize that everything instructordude says is a blatant attempt to piss us off.

Incidentally, I didn't catch the CBS interview. Did anything of substance make it past the editors?

Flyer1015

Total Time
Moola
We, as pilots, should be paid a lot more than the industry currently pays us (that goes for all levels, regionals, majors).

But look at it from management's view: Sully just showed he can do everything / great job when sh*t hits the fan, for only $125/hr. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw some management guy at a negotiation session for a 737 operator say to the pilots, "Look what they did! And they only get $125/hr tops!"

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time

Are they biased?
$60 for .1 on the Hobbs? ...definately overpaid. :smash:

ATLboeing

Total Time
blank
Hobbs?
LGA... door close, wait for push clearance, taxi, taxi some more, and some more, take off, geese get in the way, find place to land, find Hudson.
Yeah, probably a half hour.

ATLboeing

Total Time
blank
Oops. I just now realized your smiley face.
I just thought you were like InstructorDude and didn't have a clue.
It's late. I'm tired. And I get it now:)

SFR

Pilot Guy
Total Time
and be cool

bluefin

Total Time
12000+
We're overpaid in some ways and underpaid in others.
Geez, ya wonder why this career sucks. I think he's serious!!! He's one of those dheads that sits there and proclaims that he can't believe that he gets paid for doing his job.

Jurasicpilot

Total Time
This career started a turn for the worst in the 80's and never came back.

Pay, benefits, lifestyle, respect is in the sh*tter. People want the cheapest ticket and could give a d@mn about what they fly or whose at the controls. They want to show up in their PJ's and slippers and pay 125 bucks to go from LAX to JFK.