• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So ASA Anti-PBSers...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is my biggest issue right now with PBS. It will rarely matter if the company sets 65, 70, or 75 hours as the minimum. Let say the company sets 70 hours, and my preference for 4 days takes me right up to 64...the software is not smart enough, nor is there an option to say " just give me a day line" to reach that 70 hours. It will tack on another 4 day and just like that I am working another 3 days out of the month that I dont want to...

In that case it should select from the lowest credit pairing that meets your preferences to get you over PCT. If your preferences were three- and four- days that's what it should choose from.

Can't you bid for your 4 days, then do pairing specific bid for a local on a calander day?? Works at your sister company....
Takes time to figure it out. Im still learning new tricks.. Just think like a computer not a human.

Yes he could. But he didn't. Maybe next month.

In that case it should select from the lowest credit pairing that meets your preferences to get you over PCT. If your preferences were three- and four- days that's what it should choose from.

Thats the problem...at that point, I don't want it to chose from the three or four days I have on my preference. I just want ONE dayline to get me over the threshold. However, if I include multiple daylines or two day pairings within the preference, it wont differentiate between a four day or a dayline and I am just as likely to get all day lines and two days for the month as my seniority would also hold that.

Please explain how you are doing this as several of the trainers that spend everyday in the lounge and claim to know all the ins and outs of the system have thus far been unable to.

How can I tell the system to give me all 4 days right up to the point below the threshold, and then cross the threshold with minimal credit?

I suppose I could make a preference with individual 4 day pairings and then a dayline to accomplish this- and then make 1000 more preferences with different combinations...but I would be more likely to win the lottery than be awarded every single pairing that I want in one preference. Not to mention the amount of time it would take....after all, I like things easy.

Look at "view all bid awards." Check and see if anyone under you was awarded a day line, then see how far below you someone was able to get a 2 day trip. Know what the 4 days you are bidding average in credit value. Multiply times 4 to come up with an average total. Then try to bid the smallest piece at your seniority level that gets you in the window. Stack them up on days you would want to work. Copy bid sheet to get all remaining pairings off the first bid sheet, then add some more juice on the second--just a little. Copy bid sheet, then add a little more juice.

Then, weigh the odds, place your bets, and hope for a winner!

Thats the problem...at that point, I don't want it to chose from the three or four days I have on my preference. I just want ONE dayline to get me over the threshold. However, if I include multiple daylines or two day pairings within the preference, it wont differentiate between a four day or a dayline and I am just as likely to get all day lines and two days for the month as my seniority would also hold that.

Wrong approach. Know the rules and play the game. You too, can be a winner!

Yes, of course he was talking about both.

Lots of 5yr plus FO's at ASA, we all thought the day would never come. You "Kids" and your instant gratification mentality to life need to get over it.

I personally can say I learned something worthy every year I was in the right seat.

Yes Medeco, every year.

I love the 'slow learner' quote LazyLightnin'. Classic! ;)

So when is this new "vacancy bid" going to be posted and what is going to be on it?

Upgrades?
DTW?

Seems like it should be out pretty soon. I know on the 700 capt side we've pretty much been zero reserves for the last 3 days. If the block hours go up in March(which I think they do every year) in combination with the new airframes coming on line, staffing is gonna get real interesting.

I know it's early in the PBS game, but I'm not sure they thought it was gonna be the staffing panacea they were hoping for. And ya, I keep hearing talk about a DTW and/or Memphis base. All this dhd'ing and repo flight stuff to DTW/MEM is getting old.

Latest resources

Back