Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mercy

Mercy98 said:
Curious why you asked about ROC and SYR. The airplane may be there in the spring.
Thanks for the reply. I frequently visit relatives and business associates in both cities. Have been flying AAI, DL, and JBLU. I like the 717, especially the 3X2, where I try to get the 2 side. With the 170, I won't have to worry about that. Can't wait to give it a try.

I challenge you to suggest a viable alternative to accepting a job at a regional airline.
Its not about getting hired at a place where the pay is lousy, its about standing your ground when contract time rolls around. Go take a job at Mesa or whatever, but when the time comes to negotiate, stand your ground. Thats the advise I'd give to any CFI looking to get on with any "regional".
Nobody has to turn down jobs to fix the problem, they just have to fight for whats right when they get there. And its really time for the Major airline MEC's to get involved if they want to save THEIR futures as well.

Last edited:
I have to whole-heartedly agree with you Mr Hat. Thank you for your post.

However, I have seen many posts as of late taking a contemptuous view to anyone having less than 1500 hours that is remotely interested in an airline job.

I dont understand the hypocracy that exists.

It pisses me off to see age brought in the mix. Heaven forbid someone is productive in their college years. Shouldnt 4 years of a full credit load, full instructor load, a side job, and an internship pay off? As opposed to someone who skates from one frat party to the next while working on their instrument rating as a senior.

If someone sees an airline job at 23 then they are either 1) very lucky, or 2) have worked their ass off to get there. When you fail to make that distinction you discredit the handful of people who made the right choices.

Latest resources

Back