• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sneak Preview UAIR EMB 170

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 90-seaters are still saveable, BUT you'll have two choices fly them for Jetblue pay AND BENEFITS (no retirement) or wave bye-bye as they go to the regionals.

Since you mentioned it, what will be the pay rate for jetBlue on the EMB?

So, what is the start date for EMB-170 for USAirways/Mid Atlantic? Any dates scheduled yet? Any estimates?

Mr. Hat :

Good post. My understanding is that LEFT seat in the E170 for US Airways pays $58.75 an hour.

At some point ALPA is going to have to stop supporting the policies that fragment our airlines into alter ego carriers that compete against our union brothers for jobs. Obviously this airplane serves as a perfect example of ALPA's failed scope policy and as more fall out of what happened at the 2000 Board of Director's meeting.

The Delta MEC, Comair and ASA MEC's are in "super secret" negotiations that were even kept from ASA and Comair's elected status reps. It is thought (not yet confirmed) that these "super secret" meetings involve the 45 RJ order and Delta's version of jets for jobs.

Unless the RJDC can do something about it, this is Delta's narrowbody domestic future as well. The MD88's will be retired along with the 737-200's. The 757's will be in service with Song.

Regards,
~~~^~~~

Hey Lowe,

Pretty airplane. I was wondering how does one land this thing in a crosswind? The engines look to be less than 1' off of the ground. Maybe they have castering gear.

ron

Astra Guy said:
Hey Lowe,

Pretty airplane. I was wondering how does one land this thing in a crosswind? The engines look to be less than 1' off of the ground. Maybe they have castering gear.
Don't know what castering gear is, but it sounds like training wheels. It's a strong little devil, as one of the TP's left the gear up and put it down hard. The plane skidded for awhile on the runway, but no major structural damage.

B6Busdriver said:
It was jammed down the throats of mainline pilots. Don't you pay attention to what is going on in this industry?

Yeah i pay attention to the us mainliners jamming a scope clause down the wholly owneds throats and now 2 of the 3 have no future, thanks alot.

Anyway MDA or "us airways EMB division" would be a huge waste of money when you already have 2 other WO who didnt have the FAA shut down their training dept.

Bluestreaker said:
Yeah i pay attention to the us mainliners jamming a scope clause down the wholly owneds throats and now 2 of the 3 have no future, thanks alot.

Anyway MDA or "us airways EMB division" would be a huge waste of money when you already have 2 other WO who didnt have the FAA shut down their training dept.

I agree with much of what you say. Do you think US management would ever have agreed to letting the WO's get the new rj's? It's all about cheaper labor, and it sucks! Furthermore, as much as the J4J program sucks it may have given the other WO's jets. I'm sure a paycut would have been involved too. Every furloughee has had the opportunity to particapate in the J4J program. AAA ALPA has even contacted those who didn't respond to the J4J paperwork sent out months ago.

JB EMB190 Pay

Frac Daddy said:
Since you mentioned it, what will be the pay rate for jetBlue on the EMB?

It isn't official yet but we have been told by the uppers that it will be somewhere about 65% of what the A320 scales are. That would be about $72 an hour for an EMB190 Captain (1st year) based on our current rates. There have been many threads on this forum about that very subject if you want to research it.

See ya.

eaglefly said:
Sadly, the 70-seat ball was fumbled years ago.

70-seat RJ's are flown by at least a half-dozen Regionals already totaling over 50 aircraft and climbing.

The 90-seaters are still saveable, BUT you'll have two choices fly them for Jetblue pay AND BENEFITS (no retirement) or wave bye-bye as they go to the regionals.

Additionally, EVERY associated mainline employee group will have to work for AT MOST what JetBlue does.

THAT is the future of the industry.

Most of us wish it were different.

Are you saying we don't have a retirement at JB? If you think of a "retirement" as a company backed pension fund (A or B) then I guess you are correct. However, I think, as probably most folks do, that a "retirement" can be any of the wide array of compensation packages available like 401k, company funded profit sharing, stock options, and a host of other plans. Maybe I am off base but it appears that your post has a lot of buckshot in it.

Care to elaborate?

Latest resources

Back