Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UnAnswerd said:
prpjt said:
Would you like to give that math another shot?:)

For the given ten-year period, the average number of fatalities per month was 3,155. Pretty close to 3K, considering I didn't make exact calculations the first time.

I think he's talking about this:

UnAnswerd said:
Notice that at any given time, a general average of more than 3000 fatalities occur every month!!! Any you said 38 people died in May???? Here we are dealing with close to 10 times that amount for motor vehicles!!!

Hint: What's 38 times 10?

Maybe that's why your "GS instuctor (sic) looked at [you] kind of strange, and said 'you can't figure it on paper?'." Am I honestly a retard??? :)

:rolleyes:

TonyC said:
Hint: What's 38 times 10?
Maybe that's why your "GS instuctor (sic) looked at [you] kind of strange, and said 'you can't figure it on paper?'." Am I honestly a retard???

TonyC, I'm not sure I can multiply 38 by 10 without a calculator. Let me give it a shot. 380??? Oh crap!!! I was way off when I stated "10 times" that amount. It should've been 100. It's probably to late to convince you that "10" was a typo. After all, I really truly believe that 38 times 10 is 3800...:rolleyes:

The fact that you go above and beyond the mainstream, to point out typos and spelling errors in an effort to undermine the credibility of a faceless stranger, might just say something about you. To start, you need to get a life.

UnAnswerd said:
The fact that you go above and beyond the mainstream, to point out typos and spelling errors in an effort to undermine the credibility of a faceless stranger, might just say something about you. To start, you need to get a life.
You slay me.

A life?!?! . . . LOL . . . ROFL . . . That is SO hilarious! ! ! ! ! !

Am I being advised by the guy that has set the standard for starting threads with stupid questions to get a life?!?!

LOL . . . . . ROFL . . . LOL . . . ROFL

Oh, this hurts...

Nobody needs me to undermine your credibility, fella.

LOL . . . . . . ROFL . . . . LOL . . . ROFL

This is priceless ...

Anyway... Thank prpjt for pointing out your error, and yourself for not being able to see it.

:rolleyes:

TonyC said:
Am I being advised by the guy that has set the standard for starting threads with stupid questions to get a life?!?!

TonyC, I ask various questions because I don't know the answer. I believe that is the responsible thing to do. The fact that these questions appear "stupid" to you or others, is something I have no desire to counteract. I will say however, that if I need to weed through BS such as your degradations in order to gain just a little more understanding, so be it.

how did that joke go about fighting in the internet and the special olympics?

Kream926 said:
wow tony

you really dont like this guy
It has nothing to do with like or dislike. His antics are simply tiresome. If the guy really is a student, I feel for his instructor.

Kream926 said:
how did that joke go about fighting in the internet and the special olympics?
Yea, yea, yea... I have brick imprints on my forehead, too, from the constant banging. I should know better, shouldn't I?

TonyC said:
It has nothing to do with like or dislike. His antics are simply tiresome. If the guy really is a student, I feel for his instructor.

Any why is that? Is it because I ask too many stupid questions??? Perhaps I should resort to complete silence, and assure myself that I already know the answers. I'm sure that's a much healthier mentality....

Or is it because I cannot divide numbers on paper??? That must be it. We have spent countless hours in the cockpit trying to solve long-division problems on paper while enroute. I tell him I would rather use a calculator, but he ritualistically insists that I must master this long-hand division or I will fail the checkride....

Or is it because I have started a few meaningless threads on this forum? After all, he continuously frequents this forum and is relentless in his need to oversee the activities conducted in my spare time....

You're right TonyC, I am starting realize the gravity of the situation. I'm picking up the phone right now, and telling my instructor that I quit flying. I'm sure that he'll be more than ecstatic..............that his instruction and desire to see a student excel has been done in vain.

You're an a$$

UnAnswerd said:
We have spent countless hours in the cockpit trying to solve long-division problems on paper while enroute. I tell him I would rather use a calculator, but

you can use the E6B for that

Latest resources

Back