Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

humveedriver

M1165A1
A SWA flight diverted to an alternate airport and the news all but second guesses the crew's decision to divert, because no one else diverted. I guess they were disappointed that the pilots didn't crash because of severe weather thus ruining a good story..

Chesterfield, MO (KSDK) - A Southwest Airlines flight had to divert to Spirit of St. Louis Airport in Chesterfield Sunday evening due to heavy weather.*****

The Boeing 737 aircraft was carrying over 130 people on a flight from Denver to St. Louis, and was scheduled to land at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport between 6:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

Lambert was not closed at any point as the weather moved through, and it was the pilots of the Southwest flight that made the decision to land at the alternate airport after circling for an extended period of time.*****

No one on the aircraft was injured, and officials at Lambert are working to bus the passengers back to the terminal at the airport.*****

No additional flights were forced to divert as a result of the weather.***** **********

KSDK

- weather at STL during the time period was 4sm with TS @ 1851 central.

http://w1.weather.gov/obhistory/KSTL.html

I live a few miles from SUS and have never seen SWA or any other airline land here, so yes it is news!

I didn't realize SUS was a GA airport. So they probably tried to wait out the storm and got caught low on fuel. Maybe a little embarrassing, but way better than pressing a TS or landing in a field.

Yeah the story is vague. While not optimal better to get her on the ground right with coordination from dispatch.

They did mean to land there right? This isn't a mistaken airport story right? (Never been to Spirit of St. Louis myself, have no idea if they're alike).

I didn't realize SUS was a GA airport. So they probably tried to wait out the storm and got caught low on fuel. Maybe a little embarrassing, but way better than pressing a TS or landing in a field.

I agree, was just commenting on how this is news. Better this news, than crashing without fuel somewhere.

Latest resources

Back